any comparable offer around ?

Hi

This company I'm looking at, not having a very good reputation around though, has this offer for MS hosting:

Web Space 4,000 MB
    Monthly Transfer Volume 100 GB
    MSSQL
    and dedicated SSL certificate

for around 20 bucks.

Did you came across a comparable offer ? I'm just worried of their reputation, I pretty much know how important is to have a tech support responding decently fast to one's cry..

Thanks for reading

It's hard to help without the actual name of the company as far as giving advice on their reputation. Those plan specs do sound a little high for around that price range.
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy

The requirements as to tech support responding are vague. If you're looking for features and price and can compromise on service and reliability a little bit then hostony.com might work for you.

If you mean $20 a year then that is a bit ridiculously low and I don't know anybody that offers that and has a half decent rep.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

generouswebhostin,

I looked around enough to know that their support is not there, to say the least.

DevilDog

Thanks. Of couse 20 a month.

I can say one of the best Windows based web hosting is http://www.************.com
    • www.host.ac = advanced hosting accounts
      the most powerful shared hosting accounts available anywhere

Did you came across a comparable offer?
    You will definitely find outrageously cheap offers out there. That's not very hard to do. Find some hosting directories with powerful search features and you're set.

I suggest you concentrate on the reputation part though.

Thanks Dan
    This is exactly what I'm doing.
    Well, my point is that I'm not looking for the cheap offers, but for the disk space, the bandwidth and the software pre-installed as I wrote in my first post, but from a company with better reputation.
    The price I mentioned just for comparation.
    But I'm thinking that it is better to get my own dedicated server now, pay the 100 per month, but at least not depend on the host customer support.
    The business I have in mind will need ample disk space and bandwidth, but not more than 5 users per server though. (Whether getting web hosting, on a host account I could accomodate only one user.)
    All good with this plan so far, assuming that getting my dedicated server I will have full controls, hence no need to depend on the host support AND I'll be able to manage the security.

/Lucian

It is all that you want to have for your website. If features of the hosting package is more important than the reputation then you can go with the hosts who offer some reasonablly good offers. The other options your are providing here is dedicated which is also good deal but at the same time you should also think over for VPS along with the dedicated, so that you have ample of choices.

Do you know how much traffic you are going to get?

While it sound exciting to get 100gb of traffic.

This is like buying an unlimited fuel card but not having a reliabile car to use it in. What good is that?

Most sites use far less than 1gb of traffic. Maybe you should evaluate services that you could make better use of - spam protection, virus scanning, reliability, server performance, online tools and support.
    Link On Us .com
    H-Sphere Windows & Linux Hosting - Since 1998
    ----------------------------------------------
    One Wilshire Corridor, Los Angeles, Calif

I would have to use all the bandwidth that come with my package, either way, should I go dedicated or hosted.
    I actually base my business model on the amount of raw data that I will be storing remote monthly, that's why I think going dedicated would probably do it better.

The only question I have is how much will I depend on the server's provider support, should I go dedicated ? My very little experience on web hosting (and what I know is mostly on Linux servers not on Windows) is what makes me uncomfortable to go directly with a dedicated solution.

Thanks guys.

Are you using this as backup storage?
    Link On Us .com

Yeh that deal sounds pretty good

LinkOnUs,

I won't. I will use it for storing video.

If you are loading such large files, you might do a FTP/Download test to check the speed of their connection.

I know we host movie and commercial trailers for a large Sound Studio in Hollywood and when they fist started with us we found bottlenecks in our system that we had to work out. We also found that we could get better performance on a linux box.

One of the issues we found was the distance of the servers to the customer viewing the movie clips. You might also want to keep this in mind.

Needless to say they are paying quite a bit more than $20.00 per month but for them the performance is a big issue.
    Link On Us .com

LinkOnUs

Thanks a bunch for your input. I will get a dedicated server that I'm willing to pay up to 150 per month.
    I just have to figure out the details.

Regards,
    Lucian

Good move I think you will be happier in the long run.
    Link On Us .com