Thread: toshiba repairs

toshiba repairs

<rant>
    I sent my laptop in because the AC connection on the back was loose and didnt' feel like charging. I just called, its been a week since i sent it, there not getting a motherboard in til the 18th. wtf? Toshiba doesn't have a motherboard in a "repair depot". Now for a month im stuck without my precious laptop

anyone else had this kinda crap??

a month for a mobo change.. </rant>

At least they are gonna fix it! IBM regularly screw up repairs for us even sending things back broken. Not sure what kind of monkey's they employ, but they need some better ones working there.
    Last edited by Vortex-Steve; 05-06-2005 at 03:00 PM.
    Steve

Tiz why I have an on site warranty on my IBM laptops. Can't imagine shipping my laptop, let alone MY DATA off site.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Would be even better if we could do the repairs ourselves, but IBM don't let you do that until you take an exam to become a qualified engineer and can do warranty repairs yourself.

And data is never sent off site, the auditors would go crazy if they found out!
    Steve

I have a reputable shop in town build my computers, EMC Computers (they're about a half hour away, in Kent, Ohio). They almost always have the part in stock I need if I need a repair, or else they have them in a day or two. They are very skilled, and I don't have to go through the hassle of shipping my computer anywhere or waiting a long time for repairs.

But in eight years I've only had one repair anyway. They build a fine box
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Is your notebook at an authorized repair center or at the Toshiba Center itself? (Not sure what you meant by "repair depot.") I've only had to ever have one Toshiba notebook repaired, but it was in and out in a few days time.

toshiba center itself. they called there repair place "repair depot". Doesn't sound the best for computer repairs but eh'. But I don't get how Toshiba repair itself can be out of this motherboard

I have not had the service problem with Toshiba (I did not use them), but I did have more or less the same problem with the MB. Next time get a Dell. Their unreliable, short based power problems are much more convenient being in the end of the cord from the power supply.

If you're married, you could get your spouse a matching laptop next time and swap out the drives. If you're single you can take out a personals ad for a marriage minded person with your model of laptop.

I've heard of longer delay's than that. Some HP customers had to wait up to 2 months before the needed spare parts arrived at the repair center. I don't know how they sleep at night, I'd feel bad if my customers had to wait that long for a fix or a resolved issue

But to ease your comfort, 1 month is not a whole lot compared to some of the other problems I've heard of and even seen myself. This goes for HP, Fujitsu Siemens, IBM and Toshiba!
    * Losers make excuses - winners make it happen *
    The only way to discover the limits of the possibilities is to go beyond them into the impossible.