Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

executiveasp.com down?

My server at executiveasp.com is down, and I can not access their website. Can somebody try and see if they can access this adress?

http://www.executiveasp.com/dedicated/vds.asp

I get this when I try to ping the IP on my server:

D:\Documents and Settings\kenneth>ping 204.10.180.112

Pinging 204.10.180.112 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 193.75.3.222: Destination net unreachable.

Ping statistics for 204.10.180.112:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

And have anybody heard anything about maintance on the servers?
    Last edited by myhken; 05-06-2005 at 02:39 PM.

Executiveasp

Anyone have account with them?

It seems that their whole network went down, and is offline for the last two hours.
    No mainteance was announced, so ... anyone know what happened? and does this happen often on their network...

I'm with them for 2 months or so, and never had any problems with availability...

Yes it seems the whole network is not reachable now. If this is the first time in 2 months, I suggest giving them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they are suffering some major problem, or maybe it is not even on their end of things...

Hi there,

I was an employee of Executive ASP up until about a month ago when our paychecks started bouncing.

I heard from another former employee that the companies assets were seized by the District Attorney and it's creditors this morning. As such I don't think the network will be coming back up again.

Unfortunately I don't have any more information than that but you may want to contact the Colorado District Attorneys office if you are owed any money by the company.
    Last edited by mshowman; 05-06-2005 at 04:49 PM.

Originally posted by mshowman
    Hi there,

I was an employee of Executive ASP up until about a month ago when our paychecks started bouncing.

I heard from another former employee that the companies assets were seized by the District Attorney and it's creditors this morning. As such I don't think the network will be coming back up again.

Unfortunately I don't have any more information than that but you may want to contact the Colorado District Attorneys office if you are owed any money by the company.
    Mikes correct

This company is basically dead. Their phones have been disconnected, and their IP ranges have gone under changes.

The company I believe failed due to a over investment, basically they spent too much money too quickly, and didnt wait to see a return on their investments before investing more. (For instance, their VBull. forum was not needed since there was no customers posting to it, and it most likely cost them a large amount of money to operate it

Mike, I thought you actually worked at the place. I guess I was wrong. I orginally had seen you listed as one of the main people on their website, but then they removed that section (I'm guessing when the paychecks started bouncing, alot of people jumped boat)

Can you tell us any more Mike? What was your orginal affiliation with the company. Was Jeremey basically running it by him self in the end?

Also, any chance I can buy the template they used? lol

Hi there,

Then all my websites is down and gone....

I have to setup my backup sites, and try to get online again. I have not got any warning about they had any money problems. And I did pay for a new month a few days ago...... that whas $82 gone....

As suggested,

Contact the District Attroney.

I'm in the same pool you are, so contact me too if you want to work on finding a new provider.

Anyone have another number for them besides the 303 number?

Another user in another thread gets a message that the numbers they had posted are disconnected. I tried the numbers myself and got the same messages from the phone company. Doesn't look good. I had some sales inquiries with them this morning. Looks like I got my answer

Originally posted by demostorm
    Anyone have another number for them besides the 303 number?

Another user in another thread gets a message that the numbers they had posted are disconnected. I tried the numbers myself and got the same messages from the phone company. Doesn't look good. I had some sales inquiries with them this morning. Looks like I got my answer
    I read a post from a former employee that they have gone under business-wise. He says that its very doubtful that are coming back online.

Originally posted by BrandonSCSN
    As suggested,

Contact the District Attroney.

I'm in the same pool you are, so contact me too if you want to work on finding a new provider.
    Yeah, this is truly bad for me too. I hosted some critical data on a server with them. I cannot believe that there was no warning what so ever.

Do you think there will be anyway for all its customers to retrieve data?

it seems tha their network is back online... and so is my host...
    i hope that this was temp glitch...

I read a post from a former employee that they have gone under business-wise. He says that its very doubtful that are coming back online.
    hope that this isn't true... if it is... to have a backup solution, I was wondering does someone know any good vds provider, that offers Windows VDS and utilizes VMWare's virtualzation? (because Virtuozzo is still too buggy)

Originally posted by ITPGuru333
    Yeah, this is truly bad for me too. I hosted some critical data on a server with them. I cannot believe that there was no warning what so ever.

Do you think there will be anyway for all its customers to retrieve data?
    I'm not sure.

It all depends on what happened. If they were doing something illigal, all of the servers may have been seized, and its going to take awhile to get that all cleared up.

If it was just due to their bounced checks, and they wernt making payments, there may be a chance

Originally posted by KennyMc
    it seems tha their network is back online... and so is my host...
    i hope that this was temp glitch...

hope that this isn't true... if it is... to have a backup solution, I was wondering does someone know any good vds provider, that offers Windows VDS and utilizes VMWare's virtualzation? (because Virtuozzo is still too buggy)
    AWSOME....backup all your data now just in case they go down again!

I'm not sure.

It all depends on what happened. If they were doing something illigal, all of the servers may have been seized, and its going to take awhile to get that all cleared up.

If it was just due to their bounced checks, and they wernt making payments, there may be a chance

THEY ARE BACK UP AS OF NOW.....im backing up all my data now.

They have new numbers. The 303 numbers appear to be old. I can see that now that their site is back up and those lines are operational. Breath a sigh of relief. Could have been anything that caused the network to go down. Happens even to the best but they need to address it and I'd keep an eye on things. Incidentally where is that post form the former employee and do you recognize him as actually being a former employee?

Originally posted by ITPGuru333
    THEY ARE BACK UP AS OF NOW.....im backing up all my data now.
    Thanks, I'm also backing up my data now.....

Originally posted by demostorm
    They have new numbers. The 303 numbers appear to be old. I can see that now that their site is back up and those lines are operational. Breath a sigh of relief. Could have been anything that caused the network to go down. Happens even to the best but they need to address it and I'd keep an eye on things. Incidentally where is that post form the former employee and do you recognize him as actually being a former employee?
    Here is the post:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...72#post3070072

And yes, his name is all over the executiveasp.com website.

Thanks ITPGuru333 for info...
    I'm backing up my data too...

Very Interesting

As Mike mentioned we had two checks that were returned by our bank a few weeks ago. Since then however we have had our network sabatoged on two different occasions. Once a few days ago that affected about a half dozen customers and then today an ex employee that had been told that if he came back to our facility we would file trespassing charges against him came in while I was personally out of town at ameeting and unplugged out core connectivity to our routers thus taking our network down. Our ISP's were immediately notified and the troubleshooting took place. About two hours later we found out that the ex employee had in fact committed breaking an entering and criminal trespass as well as corporate sabatoge. A police report has been filed and IT will be forwarded to the district attorneys office for review. Assetts were NOT seized by the Colorado District Attorney and everyone is welcome to contact them on Monday to make sure.

As you may have noticed our network is back up after reconnecting our routers and we are in the process of once again correcting th passwords that have been changed.

Some people may continue to try to ruin this business but I refuse to let that happen. My sincerest apologies to everyone that was affected by this situation and you will be compensated for the outage.

It will take a few more hours to fully recover from this situation but as of now everyones service has been restored.

Instead of slandering ex employees and performing defamation of character I have chosen to let the authorities deal with this unfortunate situation.

If some customers choose to go elsewhere it is fully understood and I thank you for your patronage to this point.

Interesting As Well

Since rumors seem to be launched so well here let me add just one. I have been told in the last few minutes by an un-named source that todays intent was to cripple the company so that some "EX" employees could buy out the equipment and facility and launch their own hosting company. As some "EX" employees know it's hardly as easy as one thinks and they too have had failures in the past.

One other Thing Since I'm on a roll

If the District Attorney had seized our assetts they would have provided us formal notice prior to doing so and thus would have given us an opportunity to notify our customers. Again this is simply an attempt to destroy a very stable network that has experienced less network failures than most other providers in the industry.

I urge you to read the other posts that truly show the kind of company we are and not the ones that merely want to attempt to destroy us because they don't have the capability to build a business such as Executive ASP.

Jeremy,

I apologize if my posts in these threads seemed to be making your company look as if it had collapsed. You have made an excellent point, which is not just to look at what others are saying on the forums, and instead do further analysis my self.

The problem was, since the phones and the network was down, I was rather suspicious. I think we can both agree that when you get told that the line has been "disconnected" its normally not a good sign.

I fully retract any statements made in any of these posts against this company, as they were only created and based off of false assumptions.

I do, however, worry about how a former employee could get into your facility Jeremy. THIS is what now worries me. I'm sure you know that I've been in contact with your sales department, and even you over the past few months. I've basically been holding out to make the commitment on one of your VDS servers due to how I currently just dont have the time to worry about another system to attempt to setup

I tried to give you a call this evening, on a phone number which is located in Denver and registared to a Jeremy Gardner, but recieved no answer. I am guessing you were off fixing this problem. I am however intersted in getting in contact with you if possible, over the phone to discuss a few things.

Since your current 1-800 numbers, and 306 numbers are not working for me, can you please private message me and provide me with an alternative form of communication?

Thank you, and my apologizes for jumping to conclusions,

Re: Interesting As Well

Originally posted by easp1
    Since rumors seem to be launched so well here let me add just one. I have been told in the last few minutes by an un-named source that todays intent was to cripple the company so that some "EX" employees could buy out the equipment and facility and launch their own hosting company. As some "EX" employees know it's hardly as easy as one thinks and they too have had failures in the past.
    Jeremy, first off I want to say that your service is great. I've been renting 2 servers from you for about 4 months now without any problems except for today.

If you honestly believe what happened today was an act of sabotage, what measures are you taking to ensure that this will not happen again? Because honestly it still concerns me that there are “ex” employees who are wanting to cripple your company.

First off we disconnected our own service because we had too many lines coming in to our facility and we have offloaded the sales and tech support "initial routing" to an answering service that in turn pages us if there is a problem or connects our customers to us during the day.

The numbers are different than listed on our site before and are listed on our site now under contact information.

As far as keeping this from happening in the future we have already done the following:

We have re-keyed our entire facilty, disabled all biometric readers and reconfigured them to allow only one person in secure areas ME!

We are also hiring a security guard to oversee the premises until this situation is resolved.

Yes I have a couple of Ex employees still angry at me and I will hopefully be getting that situation resolved in a matter of a few days. Once we receive the equipment back from them that belongs to us we will be issuing their final checks. At this point however that will be done through our attorney to ensure the final agreement and exit agreements between Executive ASP and the employees is fully understood legally.

Again as I mentioned a police report has been filed and I am confident that a warrant for someone will be issued in a matter of days for breaking an entering and corporate sabotage.

In addition we will be starting civil legal action against the perpetrator(s) of this act in civil court on Monday for a fairly large sum of money for the damages that have been caused by this selfish act that disregards the worth of not only the company and management of the company but ALL of our customes as well!

I wonder if one of these people had their own company (which I beleive they do) if they would be O.K. with this type of act regardless of whether or not they owed someone any money?

I think not.

Re: Reply

Originally posted by easp1
    First off we disconnected our own service because we had too many lines coming in to our facility and we have offloaded the sales and tech support "initial routing" to an answering service that in turn pages us if there is a problem or connects our customers to us during the day.

Yes, but I dont think you understood. I only get a busy signal if I call "1-866-532-8000". No one seems to be answering over there, or somethings wrong. This is the same number listed on your site

We have re-keyed our entire facilty, disabled all biometric readers and reconfigured them to allow only one person in secure areas ME!

We are also hiring a security guard to oversee the premises until this situation is resolved.

Truely, I would already have a security guard hired if I had a 2 million dollar datacenter. But I'm not you I guess.

I'm also a tad confused. You had not already redone the biometric readers? Even when you knew you were having employee problems?

Also, its beginning to sound like a one man job here. If your the only person who has access to this secure area now, does anyone else have the ability to fix problems? Also, since an ex-employee was able to just walk in and go right into the DC, I'm guessing no one is really around during the day checking up on things? Just employees working from remote? Does anyone actually work at the offices now, or sit in the front desk? It sounds like more then one employee left the place

It just didn't look good because I just signed up like 1 to 2 days ago. I thought you guys made off with my money. Anyway, still glad to here EASP is back up. I saw the site online at school

Hmm,

Now that does worry me

This guy has some real problems with the law.

Look around on that website, and do a search with his info and birthdate.

He has been in court 4 times now and pleaded guilty multiple times.

I dont get it??

He has been in court 4 times now and pleaded guilty multiple times.

I dont get it??

Neither do I...

I'm still moving my data, but my transfer avg. is 20kb/s...

It seems that executiveasp has lost part of its connectivity / speed to outer world... or, everyone is moving their data away from them... dunno... but something has happened since their outage...
    (or shoud I say Jeremy's, because this started to sound like a bad one-man show)

I've read Mr. Gardner's replies, but... some other sources (Court for example) prove different, thus proving Mr. Showman's statements...

Neither do I...

It seems that executiveasp has lost part of its connectivity / speed to outer world... or, everyone is moving their data away from them... dunno... but something has happened since their outage...
    (or shoud I say Jeremy's, because this started to sound like a bad one-man show)

I've read Mr. Gardner's replies, but... some other sources (Court for example) prove different, thus proving Mr. Showman's statements...
    Kenny,

Were you on a Windows box with them? A few people I think are getting toghther to buy a full dedicated at another DC and partition it among themselves

Significant outage, criminal cases filed, bounced Employee checks, numbers changed. Employees so enraged they actually took equipment. Does not look good. If they have not gone under already it would be amazing if they don't over the next few months. had an inquiry regarding their services. Didn't get an answer but will have to pass for now anyway.

Neither do I...

Yes, their connection to Level(3) is no longer avaiable.

Hmm,

Intersting.

http://alice.eng.level3.net/tracerou...ecutiveasp.com

I'm not even confident that they ever even had Level (3). I would always connect to them via Qwest, even though I know Level 3 would have been a better route for me.

Yet more fun...

http://www.denvergov.org/court/court...umber=05F02740

There is now a warrant for Mr. Gardners arrest

Yet more fun...

There is now a warrant for Mr. Gardners arrest
    It seems that things are just getting better and better...

This is better than watching Cops. Looks like they found him or he turned himself in (no more warrant listed), and he's now out on bail?

I"m not sure if I should be telling Mr. Showman congrats or not.

I noticed that RDNS on ExecutiveASP seems to have switched, to represent "rmce.us" which is owned by one, Mike Showman. (http://www.whois.us/whois.cgi?TLD=us...ce&TYPE=DOMAIN)

Check out the reverse on ExecutiveASP. I just cant remember if it was always like this

Any comments Mike?

Hmm, well its also the orginization cited for abuse on one of the IP ranges, but it still shows Mr. Gardners name.

I really hope someone responsible buys this company or so. I was always intersted, but Mr. Gardners answers always seemed "changing"

I guess I was wrong,

I took a look at Mr. Showman's website, looks like he has accepted a new job as a application developer.

Good luck to him!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast