Thread: 1and1 Slow???

1and1 Slow???

I have a few websites on 1and1 and they seem really slow. Some are php based (phpbb and textpattern) some are static. What's the quickest way to test the speed of websites?

Also, what hosting company do you find has the fastest speed (shared hosting probably) for the money. I want fast speed to southern Ontario as well as at least moderate to good speed for other english speaking countries (including Australia).

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

you could ping your domain or IP.

As far as fast hosts that is something again you would have to test. Hosts with servers in the Toronto area will likely be fastest for you, however maybe not fastest for Australia. You need to find one with a good mix.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

3. TrapZero Hosting
    Web, Forum, E-mail hosting and more for business and personal users. Accepting PayPal.

FMVperformance Automotive Communities

1and1 is pretty bad, stay away.

Regards

do you have an ip or a domain that we could test for speed? I have heard good and bad things on 1and1, so believe what you will.
    [color=#666666]Ackoo Solutions, LLC

http://bushclock.org/ - new site
    http://www.ryansmithx.com/ - new site for a friend

To be honest, sometimes it seems fast enough. Other times it's horribly slow, and I tested at work too so it's not from my end. I'm thinking maybe the server I'm on is over worked, does that sound right? I'm somewhat ignorant of exactly how shared hosting works.

Thanks

Oh and yeah I have a bush related site and I'm from Canada... I dunno??? Oh and wiction.org, and eightyford.com, smallbizon.com are others. I really never finish a site! Too many ideas, too little patience I guess. And at the risk of sounding like a newb, how do you ping the site?

1and1 is by far the slowest host i have ever been with.. a 3K file would take around 3 minutes to upload... horrible company...they have a 6 month free trial, give them a try if you want but you will be disappointed.. in my opinion you should look at Site5 hosting...best company ive been with..

And at the risk of sounding like a newb, how do you ping the site?
    Try this site for pinging and other helpfull tools http://www.dnsstuff.com/

thanks DieNamicz & wcws