Hybrid View

Multiple SSL, dedicated servers right?

I provide a service for Hotels and they need to accept credit cards so I need SSL connections. Most want their own URL so I can't use shared SSL through one domainname. Do dedicated servers give mthe option to setup as many SSL connections as I need? I know they each need their own IP but most places charge an extra $1-$3 and IP which is not an issue. What's the easiest way to setup SSL connections, do control panels like Plesk and CPanel do this well?

I use PLESK, and yes, it provides the feature of installing an SSL and it's quite easy.

I believe CPanel also has this feature.

I would suggest you do your hotel customers a favor and refer them to a company that is experienced with web hosting and the security issues that come with it. Secure Socket Layer technology is no joke and should be taken VERY very seriously.
    HOSTMYBOARD.com-Message Board Hosting Directory
    Affordable Advertising Packages Are Now Available.

We need control over the servers because our software(booking software) has to be control by us. We currently only offer the shared services but they get our URL with ?index.php?NAME and some don't want that. We're thinking of setting up a dedicted server with a control panel and giving them their own hosting enviroment but we will still have control of the server with the software. From what I've heard control panels do a pretty good job on setting up SSL.