Thread: Drac is died?

Hybrid View

Drac is died?

Hi

i have a dell 1850 with Drac4 from 3 days i can't open anymore the https://dracip i can't ping it also anymore, all the drac setting are ok and i can enter in the drac bios, what do u think? any help?

thank u

I encountered the same problem 2 days ago. Could not ping the DRAC IP either. So, I had to drive to the datacenter, power down 1850, unplug power cord, and plug the power cord back. Then, DRAC is back. I guess it must be a DRAC bug, maybe we should inform Dell to fix it.

have either of you check for a flash bios upgrade for it? I've got 3 units I just purchased with Drac's so guess I'll find out if mine are bugged too.

The flash BOIS version on my 1850 is A02, which is the lastest according to Dell Support site. The DRAC 4 Firmware version is 1.20 (Build 03.11), which is also the lastest version.

I have 2 1850 with DRAC 4. And it's the first time I encountered the problem on one server. It seems quite random, but it's really annoying when it happens. Guess we need call Dell support and ask them to fix it.
    Last edited by bal9798; 05-06-2005 at 04:56 PM.

Also, some of the Drac card doesn't work propely with all the OS. What OS are you using?

David.K
    WebHostingChat Where you Discuss & Chat about webhosting.
    DatacenterTalk DataCenterTalk.com (DCT) is a leading resources site for the Data Center community.

Originally posted by webhostingchat
    Also, some of the Drac card doesn't work propely with all the OS. What OS are you using?

David.K
    OS is Redhat Linux ES 3 (32-bit) , which is purchased with the server at the same time.

ok i have fix my problem as bal9798 told, i have drive till my datacenter i have shutdown the server and reboot it, all is up again.

i have a new question:

i have see that i can configure alert on Drac but i need to enter a ip and community, which ip i need to and and what is community?

Cana u tell me also what type of alert it send?

is there any available fix for this drac problem? i also need to remove the power cabl to login again on it!