Review Appreciated

Hi everyone. Freshly launched Canine Paradise... and I would very much appreciate any feedback and critiques on the site. What you like...don't like...what could be done better....loading time...etc.

Here's the link:

Thank you very much for your time.

San Francisco, CA
    In general, the site is OK. IMHO it lacks the spice a little bit - somewhat too 'general', common design; nothing fatal, though

A few tips:

- the right image doesn't really need that blueish border also, a "more dogs..." link would be cool there;
    - central section looks a bit disstructured. Consider rearranging text blocks - maybe move 'dog of the month' outta there, or expand it down so that it would 'stand' on the lower block, not 'hang in the air';
    - overall, the site would benefit from some more information - maybe caption block, or newsblock, don't know. Not too much to read on the title page - you push me to join but don't motivate me with some interesting goodies

Hope this helps.
    First Amendment of a webhost: if you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Thank you for the feedback, Yaroslav. It is indeed very helpful. I do agree with you that the center block is rather "off". I've had several comments in terms of cluttered... or legibility issues.

I will definitely rework the home page based on your feedback.

More comments/feedback welcomed folks.

As stated, very nice site! Aside from what's already been noted:

**Excellent usage of language with your text! Your site is thorough and easily readable, a big plus!

**I'd move the "tip" section up a little or create a side link. (Did I miss it?) I find that to be an excellent category, but almost missed it.

**Your forum integrates with your site very well. Nicely done.

Best of luck!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    The site itself looks okay, but I would suggest the following:

- There really isn't much use for tables on that site, so try to do without them.

- You don't use CSS in all of your elements (such as text, with fonts). I would suggest both optimizing your CSS with shorthand, and using it where ever you can to decrease page size.

Other than that, good job!

Voxxit - Accessible Web Design & Secure, Affordable Web Hosting
    Now offering 501(c)3 non-profit discounts!
    Ruby on Rails included with every hosting account! - Save up to 80% bandwidth on all plans with mod_deflate!
    Visit our services page to see how Voxxit can help you today!

Concerning the loading time, it loads fast enough. You dont need many more improvments for this type of site.
    Just the top central menu

# Care
    # Training
    # Health
    # Forum
    # Gallery
    # Articles
    # Term

seems to be a lil bit out of place and shifted on the right, you may probably center it more.
    *¨) ¤ BHS-D¤
    .·´ .·*¨) .·*·. *
    (¸.·´¸.·*¸ ¤¤