Anyone know of a server with Gentoo?

I can't find a decent server with Gentoo on it, anyone know of any quality dedicated servers that will load Gentoo? The only one I can find is 1and1 and I would have to load it myself.

You might try emailing some of the Dedicated Providers you are insterested in that dont offer Gentoo, and see if they will boot a Dedicated server from a Gentoo Boot CD. Its easy enough, and after the stick on an IP you could finish the install and configuration remotely.
    Brent

Unless you're willing to pay a bit more money to have it loaded for you, it's the time required to install Gentoo that makes it difficult to offer it. I think it took +/- 6 hours to install by hand, but I might be wrong. Most companies can use kickstarts to automate their builds, and we prefer that over manual installs. Collocation or as suggested, booting to a CD and you would install it yourself might be your best options.

Thanks,

Like bloodbeard said, emailing the providers is a good way to find out if they offer it. Most, however, offer it for free just like any other Linux OS type.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Try Tulip Systems in Atlanta
    http://www.ts-host.com/hosting_dedicated.php
    :: :: :: :: :: ::
    :: VDSP.Net :: Directory of virtual and dedi serv providers by location and price

I run a gentoo server with ServerPronto, but I am not sure if people on this board would call SP "decent"

Originally posted by Imago
    Try Tulip Systems in Atlanta
    http://www.ts-host.com/hosting_dedicated.php
    just to clarify we do offer gentoo but it is booted to an ssh prompt on live cd and it is up to the customer to complete their installation. I assume this is the same method that 1&1 uses. As far as I know all other providers that offer Gentoo offer the exact same setup.

The benefit of Gentoo is your ability to customize it to your needs which generally means customers want to do their own installations.

Serverpronto actually installs Gentoo on the harddisk, as opposed to just sticking in the LiveCD.

Otherwise you can choose a provider that offers a Rescue or Recovery System (like for example 1and1, s4y or Amenworld), usually you should be able to install Gentoo from there.

Originally posted by case42
    Serverpronto actually installs Gentoo on the harddisk, as opposed to just sticking in the LiveCD.
    I'd actually prefer if they stuck the LiveCD in the drive and let me to the prompt. I had to upgrade everything anyway (including the kernel), as the default kernel didn't have netfilter built in (they try to charge you for h/w firewall).

If you check out the ads on the Gentoo site [http://www.gentoo.org] there's a couple of offerings.

You might want to give the people at calhost.com an e-mail, they will setup a machine with just about any linux OS you could ever want.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Gentoo is probably harder to find, but there are some out there.
    I am fairly sure Atrivo does Gentoo.
    I don't see whats so hard about installing Gentoo for someone, as long as you don't have to support it.

Maybe check the ad forums?
    AppliedOperations - Premium Service
    Bandwidth | Colocation | Hosting | Managed Services | Consulting
    www.appliedops.net

Staminus also does the live CD and you do the rest approach

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony