Review: DKMHosting.com New Design!

Hello,
    I just recently got a new design for DKMHosting.com. Can anyone give their honest opinion about it?

Thanks,
    Former owner of 275mb, DKMHosting, and Easy-Upload

Overall I like your design and color theme in general. But I have an horizontal bar in I.E & Firefox (800x600 resolution), which is not really desired.

It looks nice JohnGladen. I like your header and menu very much.
    Contents look nice too and it's pretty easy to navigate.

Well done.

i think to much blue.... but its nice
    www.DefyStudios.com ___Interactive Design

1. I don't see the header image - just a topright testimonial.

2. The plan descriptions seem dull - meybe change text color to make them brighter?

3. I also have a horizontal scrollbar, which is no good at all I have 1024x768, but with a vertical taskbar.

4. 'About Us' should contain more data - servers, network, reliability, some boasting etc

just my $0.02, hope this helps.
    First Amendment of a webhost: if you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Hello,
    Thank you for all of the help. I will consider your ideas. With the plans, what text do yall think I should make them? Also about the 'About Us', the reason I didn't include too much information is because most the information is on other pages; should I include it on the 'About Us' page anyways?

Thanks,

Hi.

To answer your last question, yes! Be sure to add your complete details to your "about us" page. Not everyone, even clients, will be totally familiar with your site and will want an easy way to locate this information..

As for your design and such:

*Wow, a lot of blue! This isn't a bad thing, but you could use a few additional colors to balance things out just a little.

*As already stated, the text in the plans doesn't look right. Go with a web friendly font here and try playing with the size some.

*The punctuation on your site could also use some work. You're missing some important commas and using semicolons where they're not needed.

Overall, your site is easy on the eyes and easy to navigate. I like it!

hmm, that's a really professional looking template. Great job.

But yea, there's too much blue in it. Try adding some other colors in as well.

Good lookin site.

What I would suggest if possible is to try including other colors, and maybe add some "action" to the site, such as roll over buttons and such. Makes it a little more interactive and helps draw in users/customers.

Hello,
    Yeah I know the colors annoy me too. But I'm not sure what to change them too. I do not like orange so I cannot change it to that. Also, what do yall mean change the text? Like to what font? I don't want it to look silly.

Best Regards,

Very nice, but fix your PayPal logo on main page to match blue background

Nice flash header

Originally posted by steven-v
    Very nice, but fix your PayPal logo on main page to match blue background
    Hello,
    Yes we tried but paypal makes the code not us. Anyone know how to modify it to where it won't show that ugly white background?

too much blue as others said and my eyes kept getting drawn to te exploding circles in the header and it was very annoying/distracting...

Design looks nice to me

There are slight irregulerities in white spaces between plans, try giving padding for the texts in plan boxes and right column

THe Section on the right, needs some padding, and I'd make the footer at the foot of the entire page.

unfortunately the site is not working for me i mean its not opening.

could you please check now and let me know or may be your server is down..

regards

Yes its down for me to and im hosted there,anyone have the email adress to John as im new and dont have his support email

ty

You can try and contact him via the "email" button on his first post. I'm not sure if there is a post count required for that feature.

yes i think it is cause i cannot use it,
    the site has been down atleast 8 hours now and i wanna know why

bestroligast,
    I sent him an email asking him to contact you. If he is using an @DKMHosting.com email address we may not get a reply.

Good Luck!
    - Compu

Hello Everyone,
    Sorry for the downtime. It has not been down for 8 hours though I guarantee you that. This was not planned however it is very fixable. We plan to have the server back up in about 10-15 minutes.

Again sorry. We still however are maintaing our 99.5% uptime guarantee.

Best Regards,

Hello John..sorry if its not been 8 hours i was counting the hours from solfas reply earlier today..my math isnt always the best

good its back up again soon then

Tnx Compu very kind of you to help me out