Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cmon guys!!!

Hybrid View

cmon guys!!!

after spending hours and hours for a decent host, i find one, an awesome one, then i come here. search for reviews on this site and all i get is negative reviews of these host, they were:

lypha.com
    hostingplex.com (really bad i mailed them its been 24hours yet no response

imhosted.com (love their site but their support sucks)
    canaca.com (to good to be true, looks like a resseller overselling)

does any1 know of any decent host, with maximum uptime and fast servers , requirements: 2+ gb disc space, 80+ gb bandwith (NO SET UP CHARGE) for about $5 or under ( it can be found, like ****** - but heard they are pretty slow)

i know its less but am sure there are good hosting companies out that that offer this, any suggestions?

thanx in advance folks!! (apoligies for bad spelling its nearly 1pm here so cnt be asked)

You are not going to find an "awsome" host in your price range. Just the facts of business.

$5 for 2 GB? I don't ever want to see you reference that to the word 'good' or any variant, again . Raise your budget if you want something reliable, all that will get you is overselling to the max.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

yea i kinda realised that, but how do these companies pull it off, i.e ******.com and erm cnt think of the other ones, but ive come across many, am considering powweb.com but still undecided as of yet,

but blue27 thanx for helping out

oh yea and hostexcellence, they seemed pretty neat, but not to sure on their reviews, as i have heard its run by bunch of scammers ( i have source for this statement)
    Last edited by astronut; 05-05-2005 at 07:49 PM.

Originally posted by astronut
    yea i kinda realised that, but how do these companies pull it off, i.e ******.com and erm cnt think of the other ones, but ive come across many, am considering powweb.com but still undecided as of yet,

but blue27 thanx for helping out
    Most of the time it's called overselling. An example would be if I had a server with 1000 GB of transfer, and I sold 1500 GB worth. It is purely based on the hope that all of the people don't use what they have sold.

Hope this helps.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

When large providers offer such low prices it is probably because they expect a large volume of sales. Overselling is more practical when you have a large amount of customers. With the added profit from more customers you can have more network capacity which allows more customers to utilize their bandwidth allocation. Support with most large providers that offer these low end prices is lacking because they have a ton of customers in a line waiting for only a few support representatives. I hope this made sense

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

yep, got that pal, thanx alot ive narrowed it down to, netfirms or powweb

thanx all you guys!!!!!!

Originally posted by astronut
    yep, got that pal, thanx alot ive narrowed it down to, netfirms or powweb

thanx all you guys!!!!!!
    Be sure to check out reviews on both of those providers by doing a search.

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Originally posted by elix
    Be sure to check out reviews on both of those providers by doing a search.

Cheers
    Yeah, certainly check out Powweb reviews.. I have not heard too much good about them lately.

hey thanx elix, am going with hostony now, but just want to say your suggestion did help alot in making that decision,

so thnk you once again

Of course, RefreshNet never helps. Good luck with your new hosting solution, and if it's good or bad, come back and write up a review for us!

lol, no refreshnet, thank you too, it just that elix was the last post,
    but thanx to:

refreshnet,
    elix,
    blue27

ok ive double checked ive got every1 here, and also big shout to webhostingtalk.com great site and great content.

Once again, good luck!

You might want to look into why every hosting company you found in your price range had mostly bad reviews. To sell that much at that price something has to be sacrificed and normally it's the most costly thing, support.
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

astronut,

What is your e-mail address?
    If you've e-mailed us and it has been "24 hours" - it was never sent.

Another note:

RefreshNet,

How exactly do you get a server with 1000GB of bandwidth?
    It would be beyond silly to put something limited to 3Mb/s on the net - so why rent one?

100Mb/s -> Terabytes - not 1000GB.

Originally posted by HP-David
    Another note:

How exactly do you get a server with 1000GB of bandwidth?
    You rent a server from a good datacenter who offer 1000gb in the monthly payment.

blue27,

Why lease hardware - seems like a silly way to waste money.

HP-David, you can say the same thing about leasing cars... but for some people it fits.

Primary reason is... it's cheaper to spend $99 a month on server rental than pay $600 to build the server (up to a certain amount of time). And if something goes wrong, its up to the datacenter to replace the equipment... not youself.

I can see what you mean in the long run. Owning your own servers is ideal, but for people startig on a budget trying to get the most for their buck, leasing hardware is the best route.

Redcoat,

If you expect your business to exist in a year - then it is a good investment, hardware prices are minimal.

I can see the benefit to just lease a single server or two (I do so myself for personal use) but anything beyond that is wasteful.

I do not see an advantage of owning your servers these days. The clear advantage is leasing/renting it from a reputable company that won't disappear out of the blue. Like Redcoat said, you're not financially responsible for replacing the hardware in the event of a harware failure. Once the equipment is 2-3 years old, you have obsolete equipment that you OWN and have paid for, you're responsible for disposing of it. You'll have to purchase new equipment. If you're leasing, you simply get the latest hardware from the data centre.

Is HP-David on crack??

No offence but.. im sure many many hosts buy dedicated servers within those limits etc. I myself..included.
    It's Scott!

Camers,

I'm certainly not on crack - I may have missed taking my medicine but why would anyone rent a server for 100+ a month when you can purchase the box in three months on a payment plan of the same amount.

Insane!

Well, heres my story.

Im british, not american so we dont have these fancy payment plans and cheap servers avail to us. And i coould never afford my colocation costs here in Edinburgh, we're talking $1000/mo for less then what i get on my $200/mo dedicated servers.

Most things are out of reach here, so I seek dedicated servers in the USA.
    It's Scott!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast