Spring Blowout Continues!

SPRING BLOWOUT!

A small number of Special Discount Servers have become available and while supplies last we are offering even further discounts to WebHostingTalk members.

Celeron 1.4Ghz Server
    1000GB/m Traffic
    60GB IDE Hard Drive
    512 MB Ram
    Choice of RHL, FreeBSD, or Windows OS. ($15 – $25 fee for Windows)

$59.00 /month. No Set Up Fee Regular Price $69.00/month

Your second month is FREE.

http://www.superbservers.net/services/sds_cel14.php

Celeron 1.7Ghz Server
    1000GB/m Traffic
    60GB IDE Hard Drive
    512 MB Ram
    Choice of RHL, FreeBSD, or Windows OS. ($15 – $25 fee for Windows)

$69.00 /month. No Set Up Fee Regular Price $79.00/month

Your second month is FREE.

http://www.superbservers.net/services/sds_cel17.php

Free Setup and a Free Month on all Superbervers.net Plus and Pro Servers.

Until May 15th Superbservers.net is offering Free Setup and one Free Month when you order a P4 3.0GHz or Dual CPU XEON 3.06Ghz Dedicated Server.

The Superbservers.net Plus server:

P4 3.0Ghz Server
    1500 GBs of Monthly Traffic
    120 GB IDE Hard Drive
    512 MB of RAM

$129.00/month with RHL or FREEBSD. Windows servers starting at just $144/month.

The Superbservers.net Pro server:

Dual CPU XEON 3.06Ghz Server
    2000 GBs of Monthly Traffic
    120 GB IDE Hard Drive
    1024 MB of RAM

$269.00/month with RHL or FREEBSD. Windows servers starting at just $284/month.

For more details visit: http://www.superbservers.net

Thumbs up

I bought a server from superbservers.net like 1 week ago and I've been a very happy customer so far. Thumbs up from me

Thumbs down

I am unhappy with this provider. Support is not 24/7. They charged my credit card, rejected my order and replied:

"Greetings,

We are sorry, but the order you have placed has failed our fraud rating
    and we are unable to complete your order.

The credit card used has been (or will shortly be) refunded with the
    full amount of the order.

Hosting services are subject to extensive fraud, so we must protect all
    consumers by rejecting payments when addresses do not match or the
    orders are placed a great distance from the given address.

This is not a perfect system, so we do occasionally reject valid orders
    (and vice versa).
    However, we do attempt to contact all clients before rejecting their
    order."

I was never been contacted. Now I am waiting from 2 weeks to 1 month to receive refund.
    Huh. Why do they charge full amount before verification?

That's sort of funny in a genuinely ridiculous way. That seems like a poor billing system to me. Just bill the customer first, once they've got the funds then doing verification.

There can't be any 'verification' if no transaction is processed. So any vendor is going to have to receive your payment first before doing any screening on the transaction itself.

You went online and made the payment yourself, it is not like we charged your card randomly, once we received the payment then we have enough elements to screen the transaction, we do contact every person either by e-mail or phone when a high risk transaction is received, to verify the information provided with the payment. Maybe you were not home when we called or you misplaced our e-mail, since I don't know what is your order number I can't give you any specific details on how we contacted you.

Now, once we reject an order we immediately refund the card as we rather process the refund ourselves than deal with a chargeback later on, if after 2 weeks you haven't seen the refund posted to your crad it is matter of your financial institution to make those funds available to you. By the sound of it, it is an international card and the time it takes to hit your card has nothing to do with the vendor. As we mentioned on that e-mail, your card was refunded at the same time the order was rejected, and not too much we can do after that.

Everybody knows how credit card fraud is growing pretty fast in this industry and vendors have to protect themselves one way or another. If your order/payment was rejected I am sure it was for a reason, but remember that you can make payments offline for new orders and that way we can setup a server account for you, we have clients all over the world that send money orders or wire transfers for new orders all the time.

Angry half-happy

Everything is right.
    Already received refund, thanks.

Sorry if I was rude, but it is unreasonable for me to buy server for a month and send wire (it will cost $30-40) or money order / check (it will take 2-3 weeks to arrive + bank clearing time).

You may always call card issuer's bank and they will confirm address and everything than losing international legal customers.

You may call customer and confirm order, request ID, any type of confirmation that legal charge was made.

As for me, I was really never contacted neither by email nor by phone. You just refunded my credit card and thank you for this.

Such a discrimination to international orders.
    Good luck with your clients "all over the world".

I'm from Europe and paid my server with a credit card, no problems for me at all.