Post Amendments to Nebraska's Concealed Handgun Permit Act

Heh... I lived in Nebraska for a while a few years back. I'll say this, Ernie Chambers (who introduced that amendment) is a funny guy. He's also been in office for years and has a good understanding of how to create procedural roadblocks, and while this reads like a joke there's probably a reason for it.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Since it's posted at a state.ne.us site, it's not a made up story. It looks like someone in the Legislature has too much unproductive time on his hands introducing cutesy ploy joke legislation instead of just being straight up and business-like on what he's for or against.

That's absolutely hilarious... I wonder how many, if any, legislators will vote for the amendment.

Originally posted by Disgruntled
    Since it's posted at a state.ne.us site, it's not a made up story. It looks like someone in the Legislature has too much unproductive time on his hands introducing cutesy ploy joke legislation instead of just being straight up and business-like on what he's for or against.
    Again, just a procedural move of the type that happens all the time in legislative bodies from the states to Congress. It's a way to force continued debate on a controversial piece of legislation, by continuing to introduce amendments.

Knowing what I know about Senator Chambers, I'm sure he's been extremely clear and "straight up" that he opposes the original bill. One man's "cutesy ploy joke" is another's well-planned tactical move. That's the reality of how the government works in America.

lol that's great, especially the shooting off of the finger part

Nice to see our tax dollars hard at work...
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

what the heck? this has to be some kind of joke....

Originally posted by Hostex Australia
    what the heck? this has to be some kind of joke....
    Unfortunately probably not. It seems to be a ploy to obstruct some kind of legislation. I don't know what. I don't live in Nebraska, so this particular incident is not my problem. The practice is one of which I disapprove. Even if I agree that the legislation being obstructed is one that deserves to be defeated, I think this kind of tactic brings discredit to a position that should be argued straight and honestly.

I think the blowing off of the trigger finger could work for some causes.

How many people would participate in armed robbery if they knew when they got caught their trigger finger would be blown off?

I know that would make me think twice
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs