Results 1 to 34 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    107

    Unhappy FastServer Management....Not so fast!

    I can't get FastServerManagement to respond to my sales requests. After seeing such glowing reports about FSM I wanted to see about working with them and sent a request to "sales" on May 3, 2005 4:47 PM

    Got a reply from Ethan at May 3, 2005 11:25 PM in which he said
    "Best thing to do is call us to discuss the different options.
    You can call me at 877-898-1423"

    I called on the morning of May 4. The phone was answered propmptly by Michelle who told me Ethan was not available but would call me back.

    AT May 4, 2005 4:30 PM I had not heard anything so I called again. Got Michelle who told me she had given Ethan the message but he was now on the phone and she would remind him.

    May 5, 2005 10:21 AM I emailed sales again asking if I was going about this wrong.

    It is now 12:15 PM on May 5 and still no word by phone or email.

    I guess they are just too busy. Makes me concerned about service responses. I'm disappointed since I was looking forward to working with them.

    TheBuzzard

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    WebHostingTalk
    Posts
    8,878
    Hmm... odd. I've traded e-mails with Ethan over the last few days and can't say I've gone more than 15-20 minutes without a response.

    Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chattanooga
    Posts
    8,985
    thebuzzard,

    A specific representative may have some trouble remembering to make the call - or just be a bit overloaded overall.

    Try contacting them and not asking for any specific person - just someone in sales/support concerning their dedicateds.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    107
    Originally posted by sirius
    Hmm... odd. I've traded e-mails with Ethan over the last few days and can't say I've gone more than 15-20 minutes without a response.
    Sirius
    I'm glad they seem to really like you. I have not had that experience.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    107
    Originally posted by HP-David
    thebuzzard,

    A specific representative may have some trouble remembering to make the call - or just be a bit overloaded overall.

    Try contacting them and not asking for any specific person - just someone in sales/support concerning their dedicateds.
    I don't think so. I just don't need to be practically begging a company to give me sales info. I'm sure you are right about this but I just do not want to keep pushing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chattanooga
    Posts
    8,985
    thebuzzard,

    Ultimately that is your choice - I agree that you shouldn't need to be the one pestering the sales team but it's much better than them pestering you.

    People get busy - we all forget once in awhile and he may also deal with support and not just sales so he could be busy doing more 'urgent' things.

    Theres a lot of great providers - give a few a shout and that will give you something to compare with.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    107
    Originally posted by HP-David
    thebuzzard,
    Theres a lot of great providers - give a few a shout and that will give you something to compare with.
    You are right, I just wanted to wait as long as I could before doing that. I know of touchsupport.com. acunett.com and serverwizards.com. Any others I can look at?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chattanooga
    Posts
    8,985
    Thebuzzard,

    The only provider I use (rack911.com) is only accepting limited clients - I'm not sure if they handle monthly server management but they're the best I've ever used.

    The only way to see is to e-mail them at [email protected]
    Other than that - someone else may have some others. I've never had a problem/need to leave rack911 after the great work they've done.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    455
    i only will recommend serverwizards.

    top notch support & services. you wont regret.
    current and satisfied customer of softlayer.com and webnx.com

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Amersfoort - NL
    Posts
    6
    We have also not so good experiums with FSM. We had a server with cPanel + FreeBSD an at a moment they where some problems with it.. (by automatic updates from cPanel) it took very look to get a reaction from them (from them FreeBSD 'expert') and he say, put a new HD in it an install FreeBSD and cPanel again......

    At that moment we decide to search for a other Sysadmin and he fixed our problems, now we got some own sysadmins. No lamy FSM ore other company for us any more.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    107
    Got very quick responses from acunett. I'm trying to get it worked out there.

    Still no word back from FastServerManagement. I sure wish I'd hear something from them with a reason for the delay.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    1,354
    I'm trying them out right now, not even a week with them yet, and I already have my doubts. I will give them a few more weeks to prove themselves though, hopefully they will come through.

  13. #13
    I've never had any problems with FSM, they are always quick to respond to my problems. Ethan, John, and Michelle have been very helpful. Thats my experience...
    Neil McGeehan
    Reseller Web Hosting - At YouGotHosting, we provide affordable, reliable, dependable web hosting.
    Providing quality service since 2002

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    107
    Originally posted by yghosting
    I've never had any problems with FSM, they are always quick to respond to my problems. Ethan, John, and Michelle have been very helpful. Thats my experience...
    I'm happy for you. I still have no response. Michelle was quite nice and professional on the phone but I have not had a contact yet.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    78
    Have you tried them on AIM? The sales rep is on AIM at this very moment.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,953
    FSM handles a client server. Response times vary on the problem. Urgent problems get handles quicker it seems. I have had response times from less than 2 minutes(quicker than I could refresh the ticket screen) to several hours.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    WebHostingTalk
    Posts
    8,878
    Originally posted by HstCreations
    I'm trying them out right now, not even a week with them yet, and I already have my doubts. I will give them a few more weeks to prove themselves though, hopefully they will come through.
    I am trying them out as well... so far, they've been pretty responsive.

    Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    107
    Originally posted by alphabet soup
    Have you tried them on AIM? The sales rep is on AIM at this very moment.
    I guess I should have done the AIM thing in the beginning but now, after having made 2 phone and 2 email attempts to get a sales response, I'm just not willing to do that. I would expect to eventually have someone respond as they said they would.

    As of now, still no contact.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    WebHostingTalk
    Posts
    8,878
    Originally posted by thebuzzard
    I guess I should have done the AIM thing in the beginning but now, after having made 2 phone and 2 email attempts to get a sales response, I'm just not willing to do that. I would expect to eventually have someone respond as they said they would.

    As of now, still no contact.
    They don't come here and there's nothing we're able to do for you... so, find someone else or continue to wait.

    Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    107
    Originally posted by sirius
    They don't come here and there's nothing we're able to do for you... so, find someone else or continue to wait.

    Sirius
    Not expecting anyone to do anything for us. Just sharing our experience so others will know. We have learned a lot on WHT and want to offer our input.

    We will continue to wait to see if we ever get the courtesy of a reply and,yes, we are finding someone else.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,958
    Honestly.. at first the seemed good. But they're a joke now.

    Its like they pick who to respond too etc.

    Once I submitted a ticketed, (DNS problem) didnt get worked on till 16 hours later, all my sites where down for around 2 hours. This was actualy because i got another person to fix it up. THEN! They claimed to have fixed it 16 hours later, what cheek. They didnt do anything...
    It's Scott!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    WebHostingTalk
    Posts
    8,878
    Originally posted by camers
    Honestly.. at first the seemed good. But they're a joke now.

    Its like they pick who to respond too etc.

    Once I submitted a ticketed, (DNS problem) didnt get worked on till 16 hours later, all my sites where down for around 2 hours. This was actualy because i got another person to fix it up. THEN! They claimed to have fixed it 16 hours later, what cheek. They didnt do anything...
    Who are you using now?

    Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,958
    We're not with any company of that sort anymore.
    It's Scott!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,005
    We have had a nice expirience with totalserversolutions.com,fast reply,10 hours a month for $75,dedicated technician and so on.
    Still with them.
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Your Screen
    Posts
    3,998
    Uh, not to beg the overly obvious here, but what on earth did you ask about that it requires a phone call???

    Their service is pretty straight-forward and completely what-you-see-is-what-you-get per their home page. Look at their home page. Read. That is what you get.

    We use FSM as an extra line of defense on our shared boxes... so if all hell breaks loose and our team is tied up on multiple simultaneous failures (I've worked @ the data center level long enough to know it happens), we still have someone else who's "got our back" if one of our shared boxes goes down.

    In my experience FSM has done fine work and has been quite responsive. They have always met their published SLA for ticket response and resolution. Often they have done extra work that I didn't expect them to do, which was greatly appreciated and a very pleasant surprise.

    I can't imagine what sort of sales inquiry was sent to them, but I sent them sales inquiries too before we signed up and certainly we were never asked to call them. There is clearly much more to this story...

    Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    107
    Originally posted by bithost(NET)

    I can't imagine what sort of sales inquiry was sent to them, but I sent them sales inquiries too before we signed up and certainly we were never asked to call them. There is clearly much more to this story...
    Bailey
    No, there's not a whole lot more to it. Here is my exact question:

    "I was wondering if there was a way we could use your service when we
    sell a dedicated server?

    If we sell an unmanaged server to a customer, can we have you handle
    management but through us, not through the und user?"

    To which I received this reply:

    "Yes, you can do this one of two ways....

    Best thing to do is call us to discuss the different options.
    You can call me at 877-898-1423

    Thank you,
    Ethan"

    Called twice and sent 3 emails. No response in Three days.

    I'm glad you do not have this issue but we did.
    TheBuzzard

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,958
    all you do is once you have your main account is add another account on your panel for $19, thats it..not so hard is it.

    You can create a new panel or have all the servers in one panel.
    It's Scott!

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    107
    Originally posted by camers
    all you do is once you have your main account is add another account on your panel for $19, thats it..not so hard is it.

    You can create a new panel or have all the servers in one panel.
    Not sure what you are referring to since we never got far enough for them to tell us how to have an account or what a panel is.

    I appreciate you telling us this but this info should come from FSM. Still have not heard anything.
    TheBuzzard

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    69
    did you ever hear back from fsm?

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,109
    There are only two reasons I can think of why people do not return phone calls.

    1. Too busy
    2. Don't care


    thebuzzard, I have to admit this thread gave me somewhat of a chuckle. Although you described exactly why you phoned and eMailed plus your results of trying to make contact, lots of people still seem to think it's your problem for not making contact. More confirmation that people usually see what they want to, not what is actually there.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,168
    Ethan is one of the owners of FSM. Everytime i've needed to speak with him, ive been able to. He is usually best reached at like 11 PM EST for some reason. Otherwise you'll need to speak with someone else. They say 24/7 and it truly means 24/7, i've never called and not seen them pick up the phone. Best of luck.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    107
    Originally posted by kindred1
    did you ever hear back from fsm?
    Nope. Still "waiting".
    TheBuzzard

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    107
    Originally posted by JHosts
    Ethan is one of the owners of FSM. Everytime i've needed to speak with him, ive been able to. He is usually best reached at like 11 PM EST for some reason. Otherwise you'll need to speak with someone else. They say 24/7 and it truly means 24/7, i've never called and not seen them pick up the phone. Best of luck.
    If you look at the original posts here, they always answered the phone promptly. Ethan was always busy and never called us back. I'm glad they have that much business.
    TheBuzzard

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    78
    Are you still looking for a management company? Because if you are still waiting for them to reply, its obvious that they won't.

    I know you said you won't contact them via AIM, but someone from Sales is online right now, just as they were the last time I posted.

    Anyway, hopefully you've found someone that you are satisfied with. Good luck!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •