Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OrangeFiber

OrangeFiber

Hello all,

I am not affiliated with OF in any way other than a future customer, and they are not cutting me any deals for writing this. I have been in the IT business for a long time, and have used co location spaces since I had a server for efnet on a T1 in the early-mid 90's. Currently I am involved with co location at HE, PureGig, InterNap, along with a few others. And have dedicated stuff at RackSpace, and Ev1.net. I have been looking for co-location space in Houston, with office space in the same building or close to it for the last 90 days for a new venture that we are doing, this left me with VERY few choices, InterNap, Level 3, 5959 Corporate, and OrangeFiber.

So on to it! I worked with James, Ben, and Chris at OF and met four or five other guys (sorry I am bad with names) day before yesterday and toured the facility and the building. IMHO OF is like what rack shack was when they were starting out, but seem to treat their employees much better. Some of the old ev1 staff happen to work for OF now. They were very professional and very busy, in one datacenter that i toured they had several hundred servers and were configuring 5-7 more at that time, I didn't have time to count as I only spent less than an 30 minute touring. The data center was laid out well, not to telco standards, but by data center standards, they are better than a lot of the startups that I have seen. This company is growing VERY fast and the customer service that I have seen is huge. After the tour and a drink on the 43, i made my decision to go with OF if I could get the office space reasonably priced in the building, which I have finally gotten laid out. I feel that as this company grows and gets the new datacenter space they are going to be even better.

-TD
    Last edited by Linn_Boyd; 05-05-2005 at 12:25 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

These guys rocks!!!
    I have one server at OF and I'll take another one soon!!!
      0 Not allowed!

same here exelent network...
      0 Not allowed!

I love them. The customer i have resold with them loves them. The best support i've ever had. Last night mod_layout messed up apache, and even tho i purchased thru S4S, orangefibre was up until 4:30 am with me, getting things working. The best support we've ever had.
      0 Not allowed!

Also at OF, fantastic network, sofar so good
      0 Not allowed!

About time people who actually have experience there post things
      0 Not allowed!

I want to mention, OrangeFiber is banned from these forums.
      0 Not allowed!

HstCreations, no one cares.
      0 Not allowed!

Hmm... HstCreations is banned. Yup, they are.

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 05-05-2005 at 08:12 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Rephrase your post -- a staff member from OrangeFiber is banned from these forums. The company in a whole is not banned.
    I want to mention -- what's your point in this? Like 8 out of 10 people are banned from here.
      0 Not allowed!

what is reason for baning them ?
      0 Not allowed!

We are not banned, HstCreations is mistaken and probably jealous.

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 05-05-2005 at 08:13 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Woah doggie, no need to be hostile. Just stating a fact. Harold, you didn't even register to these forums until one of your staff members were banned and there was a whole controversy over some illegal files. I want the thread starter to pick the right host based on as much information as possible.

If you have a problem with that, then sue me, and call me jealous.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by HstCreations
    Woah doggie, no need to be hostile. Just stating a fact. Harold, you didn't even register to these forums until one of your staff members were banned and there was a whole controversy over some illegal files. I want the thread starter to pick the right host based on as much information as possible.

There is evidence, which I will not go into detail about, that I and many others think that this Sagget character is Chris.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by JHosts
    There is evidence, which I will not go into detail about, that I and many others think that this Sagget character is Chris.
    I'm guessing Chris is the one that got banned? If you have hard evidence, I would suggest you forward that to WHT staff members. No offense to OrangeFiber at all, rather more of a pro-WHT rules guy.
      0 Not allowed!

Even if it is?

Why would it matter?

This started off as a review of a service provider.

This was just a customers experience.

I personally am turned off by folks coming into a thread about someone's experiences and trying to argue this person's point.

The original poster like OF and has had a good experience.

Lets just leave it at that.

If someone makes a post asking you how you feel about OF then that would be a more appropriate thread to display your concerns or bad experiences.

If I remember Jhosts there are or were several people who came into your advertising threads and bashed you or your offerings or your company and I remember you getting upset at them about it.

Why not just let this customer's opinion stand on its own and take it for what its worth.

A review of a provider.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't have a server at OF. But I personally think Ananke a.k.a Chris who was banned deserve it. I think he was unproffesional on some of his replies to most of the posts. That lead me not to purchase any servers from them. Other than that, service wise, I have been reading quiet a few positive feedback on them here at WHT.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Hadriel
    Even if it is?

Why would it matter?

This started off as a review of a service provider.

This was just a customers experience.

I personally am turned off by folks coming into a thread about someone's experiences and trying to argue this person's point.

The original poster like OF and has had a good experience.

Lets just leave it at that.

If someone makes a post asking you how you feel about OF then that would be a more appropriate thread to display your concerns or bad experiences.

If I remember Jhosts there are or were several people who came into your advertising threads and bashed you or your offerings or your company and I remember you getting upset at them about it.

Why not just let this customer's opinion stand on its own and take it for what its worth.

A review of a provider.
    Messing with advertisements is against WHT rules, however this is not. We are only giving our opinions and discussing this company which is what this forum is for. I get bashed a lot if you haven't noticed, and so I will bash a lot in return. It's a dog eat dog world my friend.
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry you feel that way.

I just will have to add your name to the list of providers that I won't do business with.

I would rather give my money and my business to a company that feels its products and services offered are what will make people choose them instead of constant negativity towards their competitors.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by rickc
    I don't have a server at OF. But I personally think Ananke a.k.a Chris who was banned deserve it. I think he was unproffesional on some of his replies to most of the posts. That lead me not to purchase any servers from them. Other than that, service wise, I have been reading quiet a few positive feedback on them here at WHT.
    When I dealt with him over E-Mail regarding a purchase, he was extremely fast, levelheaded, and intelligent.
      0 Not allowed!

The fact that someone from their company has been banned from WHT really has no effect on how good their level of service is. The fact is from the posts that are on here from actual customers OF seems to be a very highly regarded company, everyone with servers can't seem to do anything but say how well their network operates or how well their support department handles things. If you notice the vast amount of people who are saying something negative about the company actually have no experience with them personally.

As far as my relationship with OF, I am currently a future client who has done a vast amount of research on the company and have found that sofar their support has been perfect. I can not comment on the network directly yet but going by what I have read on here from actually clients their network itself is very highly regarded.
    Ryan Dubois
    Director of Sales
    Hostbusters Web Solutions
    www.thehostbusters.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Hadriel
    Sorry you feel that way.

I just will have to add your name to the list of providers that I won't do business with.

I would rather give my money and my business to a company that feels its products and services offered are what will make people choose them instead of constant negativity towards their competitors.
    If my memory serves me correct, JHosts was a ex-customer of OrangeFiber. Why does this have you be about competitor vs. competitor? Half the people on these forums run their own hosting company. I recommend other hosting companies all the time. Just because I post something negative it means I am trying to take their customers?
      0 Not allowed!

If my memory serves me correct, JHosts was a ex-customer of OrangeFiber. Why does this have you be about competitor vs. competitor? Half the people on these forums run their own hosting company. I recommend other hosting companies all the time. Just because I post something negative it means I am trying to take their customers?
    I still am a customer, with about 10 boxes with them
      0 Not allowed!

They should disconnect all of your boxes.
      0 Not allowed!

Illegal Files? Are you serious? They had illegal files?

Sirius

/me wonders how many of these "customers" are OF plants?
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast