Thread: Site5.com...

Site5.com...

I am not to happy with site5 right this second. I hope they will clear it up though. I ordered a reseller special package from them yesterday. I had to use the ISP email account which was fine for me. They said it could be tomorrow (today) for them to do the process which was ok.

Then I get an email stating my debit card was declined. Not sure why, because I use it almost every day (and know how much I have in the account). Then I get 4 other emails welcoming me into site5.

Then in one of the emails stating I have to upgrade to get a private DNS server (ns1.myname.com), but on their website it states that I get one with that plan. So I contacted their support at 8 am to see what is up with this. If I have to upgrade I will be leaving Site5.

I thought average support time was 15 minutes?

Sorry to hear about your problem, I am sure this promotional is making them alittle mroe busy than normal. All in all I have heard alot of good things about site5 so I would just wait to talk to someone and see if they can clarify!

Originally posted by cscertified
    Sorry to hear about your problem, I am sure this promotional is making them alittle mroe busy than normal. All in all I have heard alot of good things about site5 so I would just wait to talk to someone and see if they can clarify!
    I hope that is the reason .

Originally posted by Torith
    I remember a time when theplanet had less than 15 minute response times. Then they lowered their prices and support deteriorated.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Originally posted by coight
    I remember a time when theplanet had less than 15 minute response times. Then they lowered their prices and support deteriorated.
    Well I know the support is on, because the sales guy/gal said the support was. So it has been 2 hours and 15 minutes so far for a few simple questions?

Well I contact sales again, and he told me what the problem most likley is. So I will see what will happen and hope all will be good. As for the sales person was very nice, and helped a lot. So maybe will have some hope after all? I will post an update if I find anything new, ect.

Originally posted by Torith
    Don't be confused.

Looks like you contacted Sales.

Sales is not Support.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Don't be confused.

Looks like you contacted Sales.

Sales is not Support.

I am not confused . I contacted support first to find out what was going on since on the site it says one thing, and the email says another. Though have not gotten a response (almost 3 and half hours). Though I think I know why now from what the sales guy said.

So after waiting about 2 and half hours I contacted Sales to find out what is going on.

email I sent was to reseller@site5.com (the one I am suppose to) from the link http://www.site5.com/gettoknow/contact.php . With it saying

Average response time for 24/7/365 is approximately 15 minutes. (no, that's not a typo!)

They responded after 3 hours and 55 minutes (almost 4 hours). I will see what their response is after another email I just sent them.

Site5 kinda blew it with its introduction of the Superhosting plans. Before 4/28, support was responding in less than fifteen minutes. Since then, it's taken much longer. Once things settle down over there, my guess is Site5 will live up to its good reputation.

Support is working fine for me, I'm getting replies in 15-30 minutes since the introduction of Superhosting. Before it I used to receive replies in less than 10 minutes.

Great support and uptime, I hope they don't overgrow. I really like Site5.
    ACcomunica

The key is **AVERAGE**, doesn't state **EVERY**.

Give site5 a break, I bet they prioritise their emails - your email/request/support enquiry is no way near URGENT. There are providers that would take 24 hours to respond to your email.

If they have server issues etc. I bet their support team is busy working on more URGENT or pressing things. I reckon they don't have people sitting there doing NOTHING. Most likely they are busy fixing problems or investigating more URGENT things.

Remember the key is AVERAGE. They never stated EVERY and ALL.

In the real world, you could be waiting days to get hold of tech people to fix problems, at least the web hosting companies try to fix quickly, work for the government and any issues will take days or weeks to even begin a resolution.

The important thing is to be patient and don't demand for such requests.

That's my 2cents.

This really seems to be a worry for site5. They need to improve the support quality so that they do not loose there name in the industry.

What other providers do is, frankly, irrelevant. Site5 touts the fact that it averages a response time from support of 15 minutes or less. It's not unreasonable for Torith to wonder why a response is taking a few hours instead of, say, a half hour.

That said, I agree that Torith should have some patience with Site5. As I and others have pointed out, the long wait time is not typical of Site5 and is probably due to Site5 underestimating the transition to the Superhosting plans.

This would explain why Site5 is hiring new support techs.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=400513

Greetings,

This is the common issue, people confusing support with other departments including billing, sales or even management.

There are issues that tech staff's hands are short on, since their responsibility is limited. If you should have received private name servers but for some reasons not, contacting support won't get it fixed right aways. Since then they need to forward it to appropriate department and get their approval before they do anything.

There are simple procedures that needs to be followed in such cases. If your website was down, yes you should be demanding for the response time, but in your case, as its not totally technical related, little a bit of patience would get everything sorted.
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    datacenter facilities in 39 cities across the world | AS53889
    www.micfo.com/datacenter