Thread: Site5.com?

Hybrid View

Sorry, i have a issue.

Site.5 is really fine?

because i'm hosted in ******.com
    it's too slow about MySQL Access
    and my site is always slowly like tortoise...

then i got plan to change hosting.

have anyone hosted in Site5 And had experience with PhpBB ?
    thank You!

Originally posted by niklee
    Sorry, i have a issue.

Site.5 is really fine?

because i'm hosted in ******.com
    it's too slow about MySQL Access
    and my site is always slowly like tortoise...

then i got plan to change hosting.

have anyone hosted in Site5 And had experience with PhpBB ?
    thank You!
    I purchased the basic hosting plan from them on a Sunday back in the beginning of April. I got confirmations e-mails that night and my website was set up that next morning and received a couple of more e-mails outlining usernames, passwords and all that jazz.

I thought customer support was superb. I purchased the hosting using one of my domains that I had, but a few hours later, I needed that domain name associated with the hosting to be changed, so I shot an e-mail ticket to support. I get an e-mail back very quickly, I send them the required information, and the domain name was changed.

As far as features and hosting quality, I didn't use my hosting much, but it was great while I was there. Speeds were great, they e-mailed me before scheduled downtime on 2 occasions. Did not see any other downtime in that one month period.

I had to unfortunately cancel my account as I'm leaving in a few days, but they were helpful with that as well. Sent my cancellation and was cancelled in a few hours.

I plan on going back to them in the near future!

site5.com eh?... earlier I sent a question to sales, two days and still no response.. if sales is this slow then I am hell sceptical about their turn around time a la support.

Site5.com is really solid.

Like any company, you can find detractors and proponents. The general consensus is that the happy thoughts outweigh the angry ones on the forum for what it is worth.

I have been very happy with their speed, service, and reliability.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

Originally posted by injinuity
    site5.com eh?... earlier I sent a question to sales, two days and still no response.. if sales is this slow then I am hell sceptical about their turn around time a la support.

Could you please email me your ticket ID number. We have no "new" tickets in our sales que at this exact time.

Please email me at thawes[..@..]site5.com and I can look into this for you.

Please also check through any filters you may have in place.

Thanks again!
    HostGator.com - A worldwide leader in Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting.

sent to your mail id.

injinuity,

I received your email and replied asking for more information.

I got this reply:

Your message was automatically rejected by Sieve, a mail
    filtering language.

The following reason was given:

Jinuine Server Error #539 - I have not been able to recieve this mail from you as it has been filtered out at the server level by my mail filters as it is presumed to be spam; if this was an important mail and accidently got bounced back to you, please send it again. Any inconvenience caused is regretted.

This is probably the reason you hadn't recieved our reply.
    HostGator.com - A worldwide leader in Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting.

I concede, the mistake is on my part. Sieve and spamAssasin together is by far the best for filtering out spams but sometimes there are false positive..

I have send the mail again from another ID which does not filter mail at all.

I bite my words, and thanks for the quick reply.

Jinu Johnson

Re. Site5: in my own experience, everything has been running just fine with them. Only thing is their add-on domains are just that - put in sub-directories to the main one, which MAY lead to problems.
    Otherwise, no worries.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

People, one question about Site5.
    One person reccomenede me it above all others. Well, it is his opinion (people at site5 should be happy).
    Well, my question is:

is Site5.com service better that Totalchoicehosting and Midphase?

Their host plans seems to bee surprisilingly better (3 Gigs space, 50 gigs bandwith, unlimites subdomains, unlimited MySQL).

And yet another question:
    why does Site5 does not use "CPanel"? They seem to be using a kind of new stuff, called "Site5 NetAdmin4 Control Panel". What is that and how can it be compared to Cpanel?

From what I have heard, Site 5 is a good webhost.

Originally posted by maniakaz
    And yet another question:
    why does Site5 does not use "CPanel"? They seem to be using a kind of new stuff, called "Site5 NetAdmin4 Control Panel". What is that and how can it be compared to Cpanel?
    I have NetAdmin3 in my account and it does more or less the same as a standard Cpanel but I think it is a little more user friendly.

NetAdmin is actually a skin for Cpanel, check question 3 in this post at Site5's community forums:
    http://forums.site5.com/showthread.php?t=1758
    Last edited by fish; 05-08-2005 at 02:55 PM.
    Good Web Hosting Info - Information about web hosting

Originally posted by fish
    I have NetAdmin3 in my account and it does more or less the same as a standard Cpanel but I think it is a little more user friendly.
    I agree that NetAdmin was a bit more user friendly. I've used Cpanel before and all the icons and options sometimes confused me, as I like simple things.

and what about their service? I can work with any Cpanel...but what about service? reliability?

If I had to run away from Fasthosts, I'd go with Site5.
    Michele Bugliaro Goggia, designer SUP in visual communication
    webmaster: www.ufopsi.com

I've been with site5 for a few weeks and I really liked them, the only downside for me was that I live in Belgium (and so do my clients...) and that caused a longer loading time that my clients didn't liked at so much...

But the support of site5, the servers and even the refund I got (without any questions asked) were the best I ever had with a hosting company.

Hi maniakaz,

If you go here: http://www.site5.com/support/uptime.php

You can click on all the statistics links in the right column and it will show you a year's worth of uptime stats (since May of 2004) from WebSitePulse.com. You'll find that the average over all their servers is 99.9% or higher. This equates to about 40 minutes or less downtime per month (about 1 minute per day).

Pretty darn reliable for a shared host at that price.

Trip

niklee, I've heard nothing but good things about Site5, so I'm pretty confident you will be in good hands.

The fact that they are recommended by Dan at WHReviews.com is a big advantage:
    http://whreviews.com/site5.htm

Best,
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?