How to say a host Good Bye?

Hi!

Was just thinking, how to say to host Good Bye!, when they have been excellent, economical and supportive.. as the actual reason I need to move can't be told.. (you can say its personal and it has nothing to do with current host).. also probably for my next project I would prefer same host..

What to do in such a situation?
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

You could send them a fruit basket, or flowers, or a thank you card!

But on a more serious note, I bet they would love a couple referrals!
    DigitalIntensity
    www.digital-intensity.com
    Where your web dreams come true.

well, just say i am sorry but due to some personal reason I have to cancel the my hosting plans and thanks for the hosting.

simple and sweet

Well, I've done that quite a number of times. Yup, thank them in the cancellation ticket and tell that you are sad to have to leave but you do not have any choice. I am sure they would take it in good faith, it is afterall business.

Originally posted by eddy2099
    it is afterall business.

Well said.
    Presumably you were paying for your services so you don't owe your host anything.

A simple thank you and a cancellation request will suffice.

Your opening words would probably suffice for any host ...
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH

Even though most hosts don't require an
    explanation, they like to know for sure that
    it wasn't something they did to make you
    leave. I think it is a good idea for any host
    to try and find out the reason someone is
    leaving, just for the sake of quality control.

domainwala,

Don't sweat it too much. Hosts will be understanding to your situation. We have all had things in our life that require new direction.

I would say a simple e-mail/letter stating that you would like to cancel service would be fine. They don't need to know your personal business. If you want to share it with them thats up to you.

Re: How to say a host Good Bye?

Originally posted by domainwala
    Hi!

Was just thinking, how to say to host Good Bye!, when they have been excellent, economical and supportive.. as the actual reason I need to move can't be told.. (you can say its personal and it has nothing to do with current host).. also probably for my next project I would prefer same host..

Honestly, it is nice to receive an explanation, even though it is not required. Just a simple note saying that it is not due to bad service, just that you do not need webhosting at this time. We have had customers close their websites, tell us why, then come back later with a new website.

Again, it is not required, but nice to know the reason is not because you consider the webhost to be bad.

-Lamar
    Going out of business in our 10th year.

Most of the clients that I have had cancel always say "Service was excellent, but I just need to take my site down" and that actually makes me feel good to know that I didn't do anything wrong.
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!

Losing a customer is just part of business, but I'm sure they would welcome any nice words and/or feedback you may have to share with them. Don't be so worried about it.

12. Re: How to say a host Good Bye?

Originally posted by domainwala
    Hi!

The last time I had to kill a hosting account with another host, it was because I outgrew it. They knew it and I knew it. They even recommended where to go from there.

As long as you talk to the host, they aren't going to be offended.
    TrapZero Hosting
    Web, Forum, E-mail hosting and more for business and personal users. Accepting PayPal.

FMVperformance Automotive Communities