Still on the fence about reselling - any appealing/profitable affiliate programs?

Hi. I'm sell websites and source the work to a few designers and I'm debating whether or not to get into reselling as a means of profiting from the hosting site of the business. If I decide not to get into reselling, are there any high quality hosts who offer nice affiliate or referral programs? Thanks in advance for your input.
    Last edited by Adam12; 05-04-2005 at 11:13 PM.

There are a lot of hosts who have referral/affiliate programs. With a reseller account though, you can give a complete package (web design and hosting). This is an advantage for those who would like hassle-free web development jobs done.
    TopQHost - We Provide Affordable Web Hosting with Top Quality Service

If you have other areas of commitment, then reselling is not the choice. Being a reseller means greater level of commitment and responsibilities to market and advertise yourself, as well as support your own clients...

Of course, wise planning and execution could ease alot of hassles...

Another big advantage to reselling is the control over your clients accounts. If you are offering a complete solution they are going to want to call you to add emails, domains ect. If you are a reseller you can login to their control panel area and add this for them easily. If they are spread among different providers you will need to keep a log of al control panel logins and make sure nothing happens.

Another option is to have a plan where you can host several clents' web sites under a single control panel and you control all email features for them. This way you can purchase one account for around $10.00 - $20.00 and host multipile sites from one login. You then bill each clent for those services and keep the profit.
    Link On Us .com
    H-Sphere Windows & Linux Hosting - Since 1998
    ----------------------------------------------
    One Wilshire Corridor, Los Angeles, Calif

If you have other areas of commitment, then reselling is not the choice. Being a reseller means greater level of commitment and responsibilities to market and advertise yourself, as well as support your own clients...
    very well said,I would look for a affiliate program.I dont know and have never used site5,but have seen several threads about affiliate program in hosting related offers/requests maybe thats a good place to start