Hacked by "Noker"?

Hi,

Has any one ever had an encounter with this guy? We seem to be having a real problem with him defacing accounts. So far hes gotten in to our main account and now is defacing a lot of our forum accounts. Its not really our problem since each member is required to keep there phpBB up to date but we are not sure how capable he is. I have Server wizards helping and they have done a great job but he seems to be a ton of trouble. Any information you have about what he does would be great!

Jeff
    Xoopiter.com:: The new standard in Web Hosting

He hacked your main account but it's not really "your problem"?

well probably apart from updating them you need some chmod lol

I would highly suggest you find the problem and find a way to resolve it. MAny of the exploits out there will allow persons to do much more than screw around with your forums and I would highly suggest having a security audit done on your box before just blowing it off as resolved once your phpbb installations are resolved.

Our main account is our problem its just the sub accounts since they are provided for free and there are over 2000. We do want to find out where the leak is coming from to make sure root is not at risk. Our server security is up to date and checked often by Server Wizards and we believe its just a phpbb exploit. We do pressure all our users to upgrade (its not an automatic system) and if they do not upgrade within a certain time we terminate there account.

Jeff
    Xoopiter.com:: The new standard in Web Hosting

IIRC there were a few scripts released for fixing this problem when it first came to light. the script seraches a server and that replaces all copies of the affected code within PHPBB.

A search on here, google or the cpanel forums should yeld some results.
    HostedUK - All servers owned by us and based in the UK.
    Hosting since June 2002

Ban IP neone?

I would say it's some script kiddie that found out that he could get into peoples servers and deface them and seemingly be no consequences by using stupid phpbb exploits.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>