Yipes! vs. He.net

I'm checking into different colocation providers and I am liking the pricing and service offerings but I see that some use Yipes! and some use He.net for bandwidth carriers. Which one is better as I haven't really heard of either of them as being a big player in the industry. Can you provide me some feedback on either (good or bad).

Thanks!

Arwen

Yipes has worse uptime/latency than Cogent. Their support staff isn't helpful, and peering points are congested. Avoid at all costs.

lol, Cogent has excellent uptime.

What companies are you looking at? I'd suggest colocating with a company that has multiple carriers, BGPed - That would be much better than a single-homed carrier, no matter how good carrier is.

Originally posted by RazorBlue - Dan
    I agree, you obviously haven't used Cogent for a while, they are a pretty solid provider IMO, especially in the US.
    Their uptime isn't that bad anymore, but still below average. What bothers me about cogent most of all is their latency, especially at the peering points. But hey, Cogent is great for a lot of things, especially bulk amounts of bandwidth, where latency isn't an issue. Not to mention that their greatest legacy to the market has been in pushing down high bandwidth prices.

He.net all the time.