Thread: Need some help!

Arrow Need some help!

hiya guys, since you guys are pretty knowledgeable about hostings, i figured i ask for some help.
    okay. i'm looking for a host with the following features (well, pretty much.. )

4GB or more space
    50GB is probably enough transfer
    unlimited FTP
    at least 5 mysql database
    subdomain would be nice but not required

price range : max 8/month

that's about it. what i wanna do is basically run a forum. i am not expecting to get it very busy at the begining.. it'll probably take more than a year or two get over a 1000 users...

thanks in advance!

Why not check out the shared hosting offers section here
    webhosts are not allowed to offer you something here.

sohifa,

There are a lot of hosts that could meet your needs for that price range. However, like Dactyl stated, no hosts can repsond with offers for you here.

If you are starting a small forum, you may not need 50GB of bandwidth right off the back. You could start small and when you need more resources just upgrade.

Hope things work out for you. Make sure you research your new host and read the reviews on the page. You may also want to send in test support e-mails. One during the day, and one at night. See what type of turn around time they have.

Good luck!

thanks for the quick responses guys. i'm going to check out the offers right now. though i was thinking maybe someone could recommed a host ...

but again, i appreciate your comments.

Thats a good price range. Unfortunately, no host can directly recommend their own services so its difficult to get a rec. WHT is a great place to find some good offers though

Always check out support prior, and check out the TOS.

Best of luck!
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy

4GB or more space
    50GB is probably enough transfer
    unlimited FTP
    at least 5 mysql database
    subdomain would be nice but not required

price range : max 8/month
    I believe that in the beginning you'll be fine, but once your forum starts to grow and you'll have a significant number of simultaneous users online, even if your site won't be using all those 50GB, you might be asked to move due to high server resources usage (CPU and memory), especially on a budget host like the one you're looking for.

Just a little something to ponder on and properly take into consideration.

Maybe http://findmyhosting.com/advancedsearch.asp and hostvoice.com can also be of help in your search for a host.

Good luck!

Since you are just starting out, and expect a year or two till you need this much resources then maybe if you look for something smaller you could save for those 2 years and then when you need the space you can upgrade to a better plan and have more money saved to spend on it. Just a thought.

You ask for a lot of space... I know DreamHost are generous with that. But, like said, the CPU usage of a forum might be an issue, eventually.

Good Luck!
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic