Westernavenue Bad host!

I have had hosting over at Westernavenue.biz for 2 months now. The hosting was going good, till I canceld my hosting for the month due to lack of money. I expected the hosting to be up till the month ran out that I had paid for. So I sent him an IM, and said he would put it back up. So the next day goes by and it wasnt back up at all. So I go and instant message him and he says that a HD went 3 days ago and I was moved to another server and that the reason it was down. I said I was never emailed about this. He said it was on his website, so I went and looked and nothing there. So I went to IM him again and it was like I was talking to a child. This has to be the worst support you could ever imagine! He got an F- in my book, BEWARE!

Web hosts, beware of this customer.

He CANCLED HIS ACCOUNT with only 4 days left on the monthly service. AFTER HE CANCLED HIS ACCOUNT, we had a hard drive failure and I moved all accounts, and gave him notice of the change via AIM as soon as he asked about it. He updated his DNS settings and his site was back up in less than a few hours. He then demanded a refund of the FULL MONTH because he said i didn't make a good enough effort to contact him first. I offered him several months free on the server to help him since i understand he is in college and can't afford payment, but he seemed more interested in venting his anger on wht than resolving the issue.

Lmao! Get your facts straight, are you like 10 or 12? I canceld my account on May 2nd, the hosting expires on may 8th. On may 2nd just as im canceling im uploading and using my website as usual. The next day comes along and I notice my website is down so I contact him, he asked why did you cancel, and I told him. He then said ok I will put it back up until the 8th. So I ok np problem. The next day came (today) and I contacted him, becuase it was not up yet. He now came up with the excuse that 4 days ago. I said well I was using my website just 2 days ago, he then asked what server I was on, like im supposed to know. I said well if there was a HD failure why wasnt I told, he said it was on there website. There was nothing on there website at all. He then offerd my 7$ back and I said yes id like it back. I never got it, no I did not demand anything. I laugh reading his post, if lieing is what it takes for him... Blah its not worth it here is the last IM convo with him I logged.

HeX ThE M4N: Im not seeing on the site where you put you changed servers.
    westernavenuenet: on what site?
    HeX ThE M4N: Westernavenue.biz
    westernavenuenet: i took it down. it was up for a few days
    HeX ThE M4N: Well im a bit upset about what happend
    HeX ThE M4N: I paid for the hosting, and was never emailed anything.
    westernavenuenet: The notice was posted. Everyone either saw it or IM'd / e-mailed me that night
    HeX ThE M4N: Thats not my job, its your job to email me
    HeX ThE M4N: Its your company
    westernavenuenet: would you like your 7 dollars back?
    HeX ThE M4N: I would
    westernavenuenet: i posted a fair notice. the first place you should go when there is a problem with the site is the host's website
    westernavenuenet: you could have submitted a ticket
    westernavenuenet: but you would have saw the notice
    HeX ThE M4N: I went to the site yesterday, nothing was posted
    HeX ThE M4N: Thats when my site went down
    westernavenuenet: your site was down three days ago with the rest of the server
    westernavenuenet: what server are you on?
    HeX ThE M4N: I dont know, I pay for the hosting... Not my job to manage what servers im on and not on.
    westernavenuenet: I was going to talk to you today about letting you keep the account on the server for a few months without paying. But you started to yell at me last night
    westernavenuenet: and continue to do it now
    HeX ThE M4N: Im upset
    HeX ThE M4N: Your a business dude..
    HeX ThE M4N: You need to get your information out to all your customers, in more than one way
    HeX ThE M4N: On the website, and most definatly email
    westernavenuenet: most people use the e-mail address off of their site
    westernavenuenet: the sites were down
    westernavenuenet: 90 percent of them would have bounced
    HeX ThE M4N: I use the email I registerd with
    HeX ThE M4N: In your paypal there is the peoples email for all the subscriptions
    westernavenuenet: that doesn't mean you have to be mean to me about it
    HeX ThE M4N: I am the customer tho, you have to expect your customers to demand answers
    westernavenuenet: i was going to give you several months free because you couldn't afford to pay
    westernavenuenet: no. i expect my customers to be decent people
    westernavenuenet: and all of them are
    HeX ThE M4N: This is not how you talk to customers tho
    westernavenuenet: I make my own rules
    HeX ThE M4N: Your talking to them in a childish manner
    HeX ThE M4N: When running a business the customer is always right
    HeX ThE M4N: Or you wont make it far
    HeX ThE M4N: To think you can express yelling over and IM conversaion is just silly
    westernavenuenet signed off at 6:00:49 PM.

and people wonder why hosts go under so often.
    dealing with people like this who are willing to destroy a companies reputation over a few dollars.

I provided almost 100 percent uptime for the two months he was with us. Then we have one issue and it blows up in my face.
    He failed to send you all the conversations that took place the day before. I wish i had them.
    Last edited by WAbizTony; 05-04-2005 at 07:20 PM.

I agree with the host here, you offered a full refund that is acceptable. If you had those uptime results like you said in the past, then he should respect your downtime for harddrive failure.

You can't get free lunch anymore.
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy

Im not even worried about the refund I dont care. Its the point that he has lied so many times now, why would anyone wanna deal with a hosting company that lies?

westernavenuenet: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=401767

At the end of the day, you have to live with your conscious.
    As a result of your post, we will probably never receive another new signup again.

Thank you for your business for the two months you were with us.

I hope you can appreciate / respect people a little better in the future. Just because I run a company doesn't mean I am not a person... just like you, or your family members. You didn't just hurt a company with your post, but you hurt the people who work for us as well.
    Thanks
    HeX ThE M4N: Hey you did it not me
    westernavenuenet: You lost 4 days of hosting, which I was willing to more than give back to you.

I just lost any chance of making a company work that ive been fighting for for years. And notice your post is the only negative post about us on there, out of the hundreds of customers we have. But people will only see your post.
    westernavenuenet: If your goal was ending our company, you won.
    HeX ThE M4N: You should have thought about the way you talked to me. If you didnt do what you did then you wouldnt have anything wrong. Making the lies you did and its your fault.
    westernavenuenet: What lies? I had the message posted on my site for several days
    westernavenuenet: You can ask any of our customers, they all found it.
    westernavenuenet: And those who didn't were understanding enough of the situation to work with me
    HeX ThE M4N: You took wrong actions dude
    HeX ThE M4N: I simply posted what you did
    westernavenuenet: You are the only person out of our hundreds of customers to feel this way
    westernavenuenet: nobody cancled, and nobody complaned
    westernavenuenet: complained
    HeX ThE M4N: Lieing saying how I demanded a refund in your post is a lie, you offerd.
    westernavenuenet: You ruined it after your first post
    westernavenuenet: everything after that doesnt matter
    westernavenuenet: the thread destroyed us
    HeX ThE M4N: Saying how I canceld 4 days before it ran out is wrong, it was 6
    westernavenuenet: What I said doesn't matter.
    HeX ThE M4N: Saying how i up[dated my DNS and everything is a lie
    westernavenuenet: The Thread itself was enough
    westernavenuenet: doesn't matter. Even if i didn't reply.. and you didn't reply.. the thread was enough
    westernavenuenet: its over for us as a company now
    HeX ThE M4N: You cant run a business this way dude, I was simply trying to help you over the IM convo before.
    westernavenuenet: well, you did a good job
    westernavenuenet: thanks for your help
    HeX ThE M4N: No problem
    westernavenuenet: sleep well tonight knowing you destroyed a company and several people's hard work over 6 days of hosting, ... or one dollar and 40 cents
    HeX ThE M4N: It dont bother me none hehe
    westernavenuenet: good. at least one of us will be able to sleep then

Wow.....

I've been a client of him for a while, uptime has been good until the hardware failure. But, I was quickly loaded on to the other server and setup right away. I'm enjoying the stay at western avenue to bad you didn't.

westernavenuenet: the refund has been processed. Please check your paypal account to comfirm it
    HeX ThE M4N: There was no need for this, your trying to make me feal bad and take away my post.
    HeX ThE M4N: Bleh

WOW - HexGamers is a real angry person/.

Don't worry so much White Sox. I seriously doubt your company is ruined. Not to mention your wicked site. www.westernavenue.net
    Started as a Dedication to the Greatest Band in Chicago History if you ask me.

Another cat, and group to keep an eye out in Chicago is M Doughty of Soul Coughing. Bands broken up, but pretty sure he still gigs around alot.

Sorry, sidetracked-

That was very crafty to post a IM conversation in this public forum. And I don't see anything wrong with how WA responded to this guy.

Does WHT have Moderators like any other forum on the net to protect people from this sort of slanderous sentiment? Cause, that is a shame this guy has come on here and bad mouthed you guys like this.

Don't worry so much, you guys are great, and I am happy with www.westernavenue.biz and will continue to get my web services from you guys, along with the hundreds of other people who rely on you everyday for great webhosting.

Cheers,

Canuck In Asia = CIA

Originally posted by CanuckinAsia
    And I don't see anything wrong with how WA responded to this guy.
    Were we reading the same thread?

You just cant say things like this to a customer:
    westernavenuenet: that doesn't mean you have to be mean to me about it
    westernavenuenet: no. i expect my customers to be decent people
    When in business, you have to remain professional and curteous to your customers at all times, regardless of how they are acting towards you (and personally, i dont believe HexGamers was too out of line in this case)

WA - If you have hundreds of customers as you claim you do, then i highly doubt you will go out of business from one small complaint, i think you may be over-exaggerating this slightly.
    Rob G.
    ShopManager - Sales & Repair Business Management Software

Wow.. seriously, White Sox, are you that sensitive? You get offended when a *customer* acts mean toward you? And yet you operate hosting business?

It's indeed your job to notify your clients about downtimes.

Think about it... server downtime.., wouldn't majority of ppl get upset if they didn't even know what the heck is going on?

Wait....How is the host right in this situation? It's the host's responsibility to let the customer know of any changes. It's the host's fault for assuming that ALL of his customers wouldn't have access to e-mail. You can't assume all customers would be on IM or the message board. #1 method of contact with customers is e-mail.

The guy CANCELLED HIS ACCOUNT. I assumed by canceling it, that he did not want it any longer.

He is the only person out of the hundreds of customers i have to have any issue with this... and its ironic that he cancelled his account, and then decided to start a scene.

You all can talk about being professional and how to deal with customers. But I am not going to take daily IMs with him yelling at me AFTER HIS ACCOUNT WAS CANCELLED . He failed to post the IMs from the two days before that, in which he was informed of the downtime and told to update his name servers. AFTER he was informed... 2 days after to be exact, he decided to create a scene, even though he chose to cancel his account before the hard drive failed anyway.

We have hundreds of customers who love us for our personal and and professional service. To some people, being professional means being phony and not personal with people.
    I feel building personal relationships is what has kept over 95 percent of my customers with me since they signed up.
    Its hard to build a personal relationship with someone who just wants to be angry and mean over a 4 dollar account in which he ALREADY CANCELLED due to income issues.

I was nice and understanding, and even told him that i would get back to him tomorrow about allowing him to keep his account on the server for a few months, as a favor to him.
    He must have been having a bad day, and decided to go on an all out attack on me for no apparent reason.
    I am not going to post IMs like he did, because that isnt the professional thing to do.

Once you all have built the hundreds of personal and professional relationships with people like I have, you can tell me how to be professional.
    Last edited by WAbizTony; 05-07-2005 at 01:54 AM.

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER.

I don't see what the big deal is over a few days. It's not like it was a commercial site that was generating hundred's of dollars a day. It's not like the OP lost anything significant during those few days.

OP cancelled their hosting, why would they even look at the site after that?

White Sox: I dont think this thread has ruined your reputation at all.
    As you pointed out, out of a hundred or so customers, only one person complained (which was hard to believe ) after downtime + HD failure.
    Its right to assume that all customers can be contacted by email, surely when they have a problem, they would try and submit a ticket.

Re: Westernavenue Bad host!

Originally posted by HexGamers
    I have had hosting over at Westernavenue.biz for 2 months now. The hosting was going good, till I canceld my hosting for the month due to lack of money.
    What I don't understand is why should anything else he says after this matter?
    He says his hosting was good for the two months he was with us until he cancelled his account due to lack of money.

This is more of a positive review for us than anything.

Clarifying things at the first place might help

Not after everyone started to blame at you

I assumed people were smart enough to see the irony of his "bad review"

I guess I was wrong.

Although I agree that the OP had very little to complain about and probably should not have made this post, I thknk WhiteSox has done himself more harm than good here. The responses are far from professional.

I dont know what your idea of "professional" is, but the whole hosting industry as a whole is very unprofessional from what ive experienced.

Originally posted by White Sox
    I dont know what your idea of "professional" is, but the whole hosting industry as a whole is very unprofessional from what ive experienced.

That's because certain hosts make it seem that way.

Fact is it is a very professional industry as soon as you sort out the scammers, kiddie hosts and the pretenders.

Originally posted by BoardHoster
    Although I agree that the OP had very little to complain about and probably should not have made this post, I thknk WhiteSox has done himself more harm than good here. The responses are far from professional.
    White Sox,

I have to agree. I'd not do business with you after reading your conversation with the OP, I hate to say. It's just a matter of professionalism in communicating regardless of who is right or wrong. Please take my comments as my urging you to review your communication skills rather than a jab at you personally. It can make all the difference in any business and I'm sure you'd have had more support in this thread if your wording had only been a little more professional. Good luck to you.