HostingLite/Hiyacorp 2+ month Review

My account has been hosted with hostinglite (also known as hiyacorp) for a little over 2 months, after switching from 1and1 because i was in need of a reseller account. I enjoyed their prices, so i gave them a go.

I found them on here under the special offers thread, and contacted Fred (the owner) about payment. He was very nice and we worked it out.
    When i got my account, their new server "viper" that had recently went under a attack was once again down. This was not a big issue with me, as i was in no rush. They were prompt to move the people on the server to the "new viper" or "atlantis", i went to the new viper. I occasionly had the problem of mysql being down at 4AM in the morning, but it was fixed as far as i know and havent had any problems since, and my uptime over april was around 99.5%.

If you are looking for an affordable reseller account, i would recommend HostingLite.

Any questions to ask me, i will be glad to answer.

Sadly I can't give them the same glowing report. I was with them for a few months and hosted on Thunder. I found their server to be painfully slow, with server loads over 8 on several occasions. I sent them an email asking why this was, and Fred gave the explanation that a back up was under way at the time.

Ok so this was an acceptable reason at the time, but the high server loads continued, often for hours, and the speed did not get any better. They couldn't be backing up for several hours every day surely?.

Sadly we had to part company and I moved to Varhosting (Who aren't that much better at the moment )

But I hope that your experience with Hostinglite will continue to be favourable.

Originally posted by Chris1973
    I was with them for a few months and hosted on Thunder. I found their server to be painfully slow, with server loads over 8 on several occasions.
    You were probably with us before our server upgrades and over infrastucutre makeover. Since then, Thunder has been upgraded and now never has a load over 2. The company has grown, and so has our knowledge of how to provide a relaible service.

Fred T

I'm with HostingLite and have been for around a year. I'm taking awhile to get off the ground, but have been very pleased with the response time and quality from Fred when I've needed help.

They are very low cost and have been a solid company to start with in my case. I would recommend them.

KC