Is is it really worth it? 1and1 vs. LayeredTech

I might purchase a dedicated server, and I have been trying to do the research. Although 1and1 is clearly a cheaper package ($69/month with Plesk Reloaded), I've heard their repor with customers is subpar. So, I checked out one of the highest regarded hosts on this forum; LayeredTech. Their plans seemed pretty reasonable, but getting closer to the bottom of the page I realized that I would have to add an OS, plus pay extra for the control panel, which 1and1 already provides. My question is, which is the lesser of 2 evils? $25 bucks a month or better customer support?
    Here's a compare of the 2 plans:

Full Root Access via SSH
    Fedora Core 2 Linux
    Advanced Recovery Tool
    Plesk 7.5 Reloaded (100 domains)
    Intel Celeron
    2.0 GHz or higher
    512 MB DDR RAM
    40 GB IDE hard drive
    1,000 GB monthly transfer volume

AMD SEMPRON 2600
    *Preinstalled OS CENT 3.4* Only..
    80GB IDE Hard Drive
    512MB DDR RAM
    Bandwidth: 1000GB
    IP Addresses: 8 (5 usable)
    Private VLAN
    Basic Resource Monitoring
    100% Self Managed and Dedicated

I'd really appreciate any personal experiences with the two or advice considering the matter. I'm a noob to the whole dedicated server realm.

I'd take layeredtech but that's just me.
    Synergy Blue LLC |
    USA should so something about:

New York, NY
    With the layeredtech offer you are getting a much better processor and a bigger hard disk. That should probably justify the cost.

MediaLayer, LLC - Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

If you don't mind me asking VapoRub, why?

Originally posted by VapoRub
    I'd take layeredtech but that's just me.

Atlanta, GA
    You are kidding right? Surely you know $25 is worth twice the space and a NOC with a great rep for service.

a cpu that's at least 20% faster, 2x the hard drive, and much better service. LayeredTech for sure.

thanks guys! Yeah, like I said, I'm a newbie to the dedicated server world. I didn't really know which was the better cpu plus I thought I was getting both a 80GB hard drive on both.