One Password to Rule Them All!

One Password to rule them all
    http://angel.net/~nic/passwd.html

I hate passwords. I mean, I don't mind having really important ones be made-up and memorized but what about all those e-commerce and community sites that want me to create accounts? I end up using the same password at all of them and then I feel stupid knowing that one SQL Server exploit or disgruntled admin could cost me my whole identity.

So, this is a little Javascript program that will concatenate two fields and MD5 them. The idea is that you choose one master password to secure all your others, and then generate passwords for each site, server, router, &c. by putting a completely obvious name for that resource in the "Site name" field.

Then just hit return and copy your new password so you can paste it into whatever site you're registering at. It'll be different for every site, and undiscoverable by anyone who doesn't know your master password - but you can always retrieve it by simply using this form again.

lol, that is awesome, cause i do the exact same: P
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

I like this
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

If as they say the site is one of those please login things.. why not just use the same pass for everything?
    If it doesnt matter.. like NYTimes for example..

pretty cool
    *adds to bookmarks*

Neat idea, thanks for sharing!
    Warning: include('signature') [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in eval'd code on line 38
    Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'signature' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in eval'd code on line 38

lol. It's a lot of work but pretty cool.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

bit slow if you're trying to administer more than one machine..

Very nice idea. Simple but effective. I like it
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

Hmm, and now that site has a record of peoples master passwords, and the names of the sites they frequently visit.

Originally posted by amish_geek
    Hmm, and now that site has a record of peoples master passwords, and the names of the sites they frequently visit.
    No, it doesn't. It is a javascript/html page that you can copy and use locally.