Thread: VPS/VDS Trial

VPS/VDS Trial

I provide some free and paid web based services through my 5-6 shared hosting accounts. To expand the services further I am planning to move on to a cheapest starter level VPS/VDS hosting. But I am not yet sure whether I will be able to manage it. Are there any people around who allow to test the waters for a week or so before I decide to purchase? Any trials available?

Expierence says any VPS provdier who does a free trial is asking for problems if they don't have a CC on record. I've twice offerered free trials of our VPS and both times got bitten by DDOS out. You could always go for one that offers 30 day money back which is easier

Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

I fully understand your concern Sir. My problem is that I am quite a novice in the knowledge of *nix operating systems but intellectual enough not to create a mess. I have only read this term DDOS on forums and TOS of my hosting providers but only thing I know about it is that its something bad like virus, trojan etc. Nothing more than that. I am earning enough from my services google ads to support a VPS. But I just need to know whether its my cup of tea or not.

It looks like you just missed out on a free 60 day trial
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

well, I also own a VPS with and hey they manage it for you.. you just need to have basic knowledge abt cpanel/whm (which is very easy)...

Whenever I need to ask something or have any trouble.. I just shoot a mail to them and they have never taken more than few minutes to reply (i think most of the time they reply in less than 5 minutes)... ( touchwood )
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers -