Question Forward 1 site to other internal IP?

I have 4 personal sites. I have one IP address. I am running a RAQ4

I have the raq behind a linksys router. What I want to do is foward one of the 4 sites to another internal IP web server. How would I set this up?

Thanks

Maybe this will explain better.... Say I have 2 websites and one IP
    I have 2 raqs and want a site to go to each one. How would i set one of the raq's (192.168.x.1) up to foward to another Internal Raq (192.168.x.2)?

wow, i got a similar problem.. anyone know answer?

for this to work you would need to have a router which could port forward port 80 traffic to two internal IP's and somehow differentiate between the requests, I don't know of anything that does what you are after.

If you had a linux gateway or some fancy routing setup in your router then you could do it.

If you do figure out a way to do it then post a guide on here, I would like to do it also.

Hey Roller, I guess you didn't like my answer in the sun cobalt forums??? Possibly you didn't check that forum. Here is a link to it. Basically, you need a reverse proxy. This would do it for you.

http://cobalt-forum.sun.com/forum/in...g&goto=119841&

welll i had an ip like that aswell but it messed up my site lol

OK here is the thing.

You cannot have 1 IP and then forward port 80 to multiple webservers under a private IP range.

The only way to do this is to forward other ports to act as web servers.
    eg.

www.domain1.com --> 192.168.2.101
    www.domain2.com --> 192.168.2.102:8080

And when you try to access domain2.com the site will look like this : www.domain2.com:8080

What I suggest you do since you have only 1 IP address and 2 cobalts is to spread out the workload as they have slower processors and RAM.

maybe one server can handle the HTTP and the other one handle the Mail and SQL.

Hope this helps.
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

Originally posted by galacnet
    OK here is the thing.

You cannot have 1 IP and then forward port 80 to multiple webservers under a private IP range.

Hope this helps.

Ummm.... Reverse proxy server with header transalation will do exactly that. It is not an easy config to do, but it is being done as a security measure quite a bit.

Ummm.... Reverse proxy server with header transalation will do exactly that. It is not an easy config to do, but it is being done as a security measure quite a bit.
    Interesting... ... Doesn't seem like a process that can be learned and master overnight though
    I took the "chicken" way out and ordered new IP addresses from my ISP

But well other than that, you can also try out a Server farm format which will act something like what joneschw1 explained but a lot simplier to configure. I think the name was called something like Linux Load Balancer or Cluster.

However doing this can cause yoru traffic to bottleneck if you are thinking of using a RaQ4 to do it.

An RaQ is basically like a RedHat server but with the Cobalt GUI placed on it
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster