Thread: Small JS issue

Small JS issue

I'm making a start page for myself [feel free to steal the code], but the JS doesn't work. I'm guessing it's just a misused variable, so if you could tell me what's wrong I'd appreciate it.

On the first line of style, there's a " * ", unsure if that's supposed to be there.

Beyond that, I'm not getting any error popups or such

What's it supposed to do? - Your Chinese Radio Online!

Northwest Colorado
    Originally posted by Diaga
    On the first line of style, there's a " * ", unsure if that's supposed to be there.
    That's pretty common in stylesheets, Andrew. It's just a wildcard, which applies the styles which follow it {within the braces} to every element in a page. I usually set margin:0; padding:0; with * when designing a page, to remove all of the browser's default spacing.

To set a style like a font for an entire page like Dan has done using *, I prefer setting it on the <body> tag, then the other tags will inherit the style. This doesn't necessarily happen with * because it's less specific, but I'm still learning specificity in CSS. Either way works in this example, though.
    Last edited by BigBison; 05-05-2005 at 05:25 AM.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...