Capping a user, other than bw/diskspace

Something I've been thinking about for a little while now.

How do most hosts, on their shared hostign servers, handle a client who doesn't necisarily go over their aloted bandwidth/diskspace - but has alot of sql/php queries/coding that is causing quite a bit more cpu usage than you would hope.

I mean, I know I can monitor what they're doing - but at what point do you say "Hey, you may not be using too much space or bandwidth, but you're slowing down my server- but a vps or dedicated!" (obviously not in those words hehe).

Is there something I'm missing here?

-Kirk

CPU Usage. I believe some companies say 10% or more.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

Our TOS simply refers to using an excessive amount of "resources".

Re: Capping a user, other than bw/diskspace

Originally posted by fuffalo
    How do most hosts, on their shared hostign servers, handle a client who doesn't necisarily go over their aloted bandwidth/diskspace - but has alot of sql/php queries/coding that is causing quite a bit more cpu usage than you would hope.
    Make sure first to have something in your policies that states that using excessive CPU resources is not allowed. If one of your customer's scripts is seriously bogging down your server, you at least have to suspend/disable their script. Notify them immediately, refer them to your policies, and offer them some solutions such as upgrading their account or moving them to a different server.

The main thing is to offer them some sort of solution or otherwise, they are left hanging.
    IceStorm.com - Top Provider of Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Cloud VPS Plans.
    Why IceStorm? Two Words: Proven Reliability.