Thumbs down Easyspace "backup" driving me mad

Every day or two, those wonderful Easyspace people seem to be restoring my old web pages! As only two pages have changed in the past month it's not hard to upload the newer ones again. I won't bother asking them via a "trouble ticket" on their support desk as it seems to take weeks for a reply.

Anyone else suffering from the phantom web site changer?

Dave

Hello,

I had an account with EasySpace - And I found their support rubbish I sent e-mails and dident get a reply back for three days + plus I even tryed calling them but had no luck!

I have always had problems with EasySpace - I perfer the small companys they have more time and support for you!

These big/medium sized companys never seem to have the time to deal with your problems and normally just ask you to cheque out the FAQ's page etc.

Do you keep asking them to restore the webpages?

Thumbs down

I haven't done so yet, as previous reports have had replies (well, sometimes they do) but I suspect they just have no staff to do anything at all?

Examples include:

Double billing, currently there are two "accounts" showing for my single domain, one is fully paid for the next year and a half, the other is overdue since February - they replied saying someone was dealing with it, after pointing out it was still showing they didn't follow up my report.

They are not showing my payments for anti-spam and anti-virus on e-mail, I did pay for it and it still works (I have at least an anti-spam folder), so I don't know the current status of that.

When I signed up you only got 30 MB of web space (not really an issue for me) and "unlimited" bandwidth, despite their web site showing 500MB and 10 GB/month for the same cost, I'm not sure anything has changed for me.

Currently, this morning at 0600, my pages are still showing the last refresh I did yesterday evening... Time will tell.

Is there any specific ideas as to why are they restoring the webpages for your site ??

I hear EasySpace don't have that may staff, I may ask them if I can join as part of Support

Easyspace are a joke! I would run if i were you from them...

now as everybody know ... all will run

Unhappy

Well guess what? At 0600 local time today the site was fine, came in from work this evening and it has been "restored" again by Easyspace to the old data.

As others have said they are a complete joke, except I'm not laughing.

Dave

EasySpace are going down hill.

I suggest everyone who has an domain with EasySpace to transfer their domain to another hosting company try...

www.123-reg.co.uk

I have already left EasySpace and I'm much more happy with my new host.

Smile

Much to my surprise, Easyspace (a) replied within 24 hours, and (b) after informing them the problem was still there and not "resolved" as they claimed, they seem to have fixed it!

Fingers crossed, someone at Easyspace has woken up to the fact that customers matter.

Dave

Look into cron jobs. Maybe there is something that replaces your pages at a specific time. First check your cron jobs and if there is nothing there, maybe suggest the host check their cron jobs to see if something is running that shouldn't be running.

Wow, that old files reappearing trick is something Media3 does to me ALL the time! We pay 'em $50/month for that? See you later Media3...this will be our last year with you guys.