Good Luck CHELSEA!

Hoping for a great game and a blue win

"Blue is the colour...football is the game.....were all together and winning is our aim...so cheer us all in the sun and rain...coz CHELSEA...C H E L S E A is our name "

You like Bill Clintons kid? Errr, yuk.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    Don't you walk thru my words
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

1-0 Liverpool already. This game is gonna be great!
    Steve

Half Time! So did that ball cross the line?

Yes it did, as far as I could see. It's a disappointing game, an error of chelsea gave away the 1-0 and after that liverpool has only been playing with 11 behind the ball. It's a typical UK match: a lot of fighting but that's it so far, hope it changes.

Hope the 'supporters' also stop make noise whenever one blue player touches the ball, that's such a sign of anti-football to me.

Hope to see a better game as a neutral viewer.

Yeah, it did. Look at the guys foot as he kicks and it's quite a long way behind.
    Steve

Originally posted by anjam
    Half Time! So did that ball cross the line?
    When I saw it happen I didn't think the whole ball had crossed over the entire line, but it's a goal, so a debate is unnecessary.

I think Chelsea should take Drogba off, sell him, and bring Robben on. Drogba would fit in perfectly at a top Championship club, or a decent club in France, Turkey or Holland. Let's face it, he's clearly not up to the task of being a star-striker for Chelsea. Quite a pathetic signing at £20M+!

I'd be inclined to put my money on Chelsea going through to the final, simply because it only takes them to score one goal to go through, as long as they defend well. However, Liverpool this season have surprised time and time again in the champions league, so we'll just have to wait and see!
    <?php include_once('signature'); ?>

So liverpool won after all!
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

YE BABEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FCUKING AWESOME GAME!!!!

EAT THAT MOURINHO YOU MOUTHY GIT

oh, and drogba for 24million? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I was supporting Liverpool.

What a game!

Yes they were playing defense, and defense can be interesting when under full assualt. Chelsea had atleast 3 decent chances, the last one been by Gudjohnsen.

I was watching it in our school lobby. Relief for Liverpool fans, despair for Chelsea.

Liverpool have been due a win against Chelsea... Revenge is sweet
    Chief brew-maker at several hosting brands since 2002.

FLXI | UK based, cPanel/WHM reseller hosting
    Pay-as-you-go billing, why pay for what you don't use?

seems like a good tiem to win one if you ask me

Liverpool supporter here Go on and trash Milan!

Actually, I don't really see the debate about the goal. In fact, from chelsea's point of view, that is better than getting your keeper sent off for the foul on Baros and giving away a penalty.

I wouldn't say it was all defense and no attack. Besides, chelsea didn't really get any chances anyways...
    New site: www.talkutas.com

I agree with you freak. If that goal was disallowed the only alternative would have been a penalty and red card for the keeper. As a Liverpool fan I would have preferred that as we'd have probably scored the pen and gone on to score a few more . In fact, I think Chelsea were lucky to not have the keeper booked even with the goal standing.

And as for the comments I've read about defensive tactics, I've never heard so much rubbish. Where in the rules does it say "you must attack X% of the time regardless of score" and which team out there has never got an important lead and defended it (hint: none).
    Chief brew-maker at several hosting brands since 2002.

FLXI | UK based, cPanel/WHM reseller hosting
    Pay-as-you-go billing, why pay for what you don't use?

And as for the comments I've read about defensive tactics, I've never heard so much rubbish. Where in the rules does it say "you must attack X% of the time regardless of score" and which team out there has never got an important lead and defended it (hint: none).
    Which brings up another point. As I recall, Murinho is one of the 'greats' when it comes to defending at 1-0 up. Check Chelsea's records at the start of the season
    New site: www.talkutas.com

We.......the best team on the night won

Good luck in the Final Liverpool.

Originally posted by Slidey
    YE BABEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FCUKING AWESOME GAME!!!!

EAT THAT MOURINHO YOU MOUTHY GIT

oh, and drogba for 24million? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

Ok, let me use this thread to ask you football fans.

In a defensive game where 11 of the players are behind the quarter line, like how Greece used to play sometimes, how do the attacking team score other than lobbing the ball inside the box and hoping for their striker to head it in?

Does short passes work in these cases?