Complete newbie in need of help

Alrighty here's my situation. I have quickly outgrown my shared hosting area and am looking into dedicated hosting.

I have absolutely no idea what i'm doing with a dedicated server. Don't worry i haven't bought one or anything yet. But i need to pretty soon.

I need a crash course in simple english to get me going with dedicated servers. I just need to move my site over and get it operational. Tha't my main goal. nothing fancy.

I have very little knowledge of programming and scripting and such so I really am in the dark.

Please help!

Atlanta, GA

By all means get a managed server. That is extremely important in your situation.

Check out:

Those guys are very good and a great network. Also, I would suggest getting an outside admin to assist in any issues you do not understand and that are outside the scope of the suppliers managed services.

Look at

Good luck!

Thanks guys! I'm in the dark and to say the least a little cornered.

It's not as hard to do as it seems, especially if you're already using one of the big control panels (cPanel, DA, Plesk, etc). You can order a server that uses the same control panel and use it to manage virtually the entire server. If you don't get a fully managed server, have someone do some initial hardening for you, like or a sysadmin friend.
    Dan Grossman - dan @
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts