Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Varhosting- Sever overloads daily

Hi Guys

I have reseller package with varhosting and there server overloads daily.Yestarday its was around 10 cpus and today its 12 cpus and ideal should be 4 cpus.Because of which i am getting sql error on my website.My script programmer says they are overselling....

I contacted them and they fixed the problem yestarday but now its happening on daily basis.I think i have to change the host.I bought their package coz of good reviews abt them but according to me they are bad........
    www.60cent.net- Randomizer

I second your post.

I have subscribed with them for 2 months. I can assure that their web server is running on high load on daily basis and MySQL goes down every few hours.

At first VARhosting told me there were people running IRC bots on the server I was originally on (node103), and moved me to another server (node106) and promised me that my site will not go down anymore.

And still it happens on a daily basis.

Varhosting is too cheap to be true. Go for other better hosting.

I am too on node106.Plz suggest me better webhosting which are good enough.I want reseller package.

Dont go with the cheapest host you find and you should be ok.
    Jamie
    RadicalV.com High Velocity Hosting Services - Since 1999
    Hsphere Linux & Windows Hosting ~ Automated Reseller Plans ~ EasyApp Collection

If u can plz suggest me webhosting service.I will look into reseller package afterwards.
    My requirements
    2Gb disk space
    5 GB bandwidth

My script programmer says they are overselling....
    That is not uncommon in the hosting industry. And you'd have to figure they're overselling a bit more than most people are when their prices are -that- much cheaper.

You may consider paying more for your reseller account if you want a host with higher quality servers or that does less overselling to the point where it is clearly affecting their servers on a day to day basis.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

are you guys on their budget plans? or the power reseller plans?

Budget plan..I paid $4.95 for it

i'm on the power reseller, but it's the same problem. it happened again this morning. i've only been a client for a little over a month and, frankly, am getting tired of it.

A short while ago someone was having a rough time trying to pick inbetween VARHosting, Site5 and HostGator.

As a HostGator client I can recommend them as I have been with them for about 6 months and not one bit of downtime.
    I have heard good things of Site5 - but I will stick with HG and can recommend them from personal experience.

I was with hostgator for over a year. I was very happy with them, until I considered upgrading. I visited their site and saw that the amount I was paying was double what new HG clients were paying. I asked whether they could move me to the higher level. The answer was no. I felt I was cheating myself by sticking with them, so I moved.

Site 5 is under great consideration.

good u moved

that's good you moved

I am on node100 and never had any major problems. I have excellent uptime and the server load is relativly low. THe only time that I have seen the server load go above 3 - 4 is when they are doing work on the server. Most of the time the load on that server is under 1 but every once in awhile it will go up to 3 but rarely ever higher.
    ~ Nick

Perhaps your best bet would be to ask them to move to another server. Although we have no experience with VARhosting it may be to your benefit. Cheaper hosts usually try and overload their server.

I am surprised varhosting havent respond to this thread yet.

Erm...

I am a power reseller hosted on a budget reseller server (god knows what's the name of the server).

Been about 5 months. No complaints so far. Sites have always been up and fast to load when I access it. Support always there when I needed it too.
    New site: www.talkutas.com

Originally posted by neb1211
    I am on node100 and never had any major problems. I have excellent uptime and the server load is relativly low. THe only time that I have seen the server load go above 3 - 4 is when they are doing work on the server. Most of the time the load on that server is under 1 but every once in awhile it will go up to 3 but rarely ever higher.
    I was on node103 and node106, as far as these two servers are concerned, the load averaged at 3 according to my observation. It almost never goes below 1. Sometimes it may go as high up as 20+.

Originally posted by uzyn
    I was on node103 and node106, as far as these two servers are concerned, the load averaged at 3 according to my observation. It almost never goes below 1. Sometimes it may go as high up as 20+.
    I am on node106. This one surely's overloaded always. Currently there are 350 websites hosted in it...

i am in 103 and my client's mysql is down.. i cant even access their website... what is going on ?

looks like trouble

I think, but that's just me, the following is pretty hight:
    Server Load 6.92 (4 cpus)
    Memory Used 45.3 %
    Swap 0.929 %
    Disk hda6 (/) DMA+ 46 %
    Disk hda1 (/boot) DMA+ 38 %
    Disk hda5 (/home) DMA+ 39 %
    Disk hda7 (/tmp) DMA+ 4 %
    Disk hda2 (/usr) DMA+ 39 %
    Disk hda3 (/var) DMA+ 89 %
    Disk hdb1 (/backup100) DMA+ 1 %

what do i know, i'm ust a clieint

Originally posted by haligi

/var is a bit full assuming mysql writes to /var/lib/mysql.

The load actually goes up if you check using the cPanel status page. It's better to check load by SSH into the server and checking it that way (use: w, uptime, etc.). A spike load of 6.92 on a dual xeon isn't a problem... an average load of 6.92 is a bit in my opinion...
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

If I believe correctly, doesn't cPanel stop writing to a partition if it reaches 90% full? That may possible be for just the /home partition.

Originally posted by inogenius
    If I believe correctly, doesn't cPanel stop writing to a partition if it reaches 90% full? That may possible be for just the /home partition.
    That's a feature of ext3. You can set how much it should keep aside.
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

Originally posted by haligi
    I think, but that's just me, the following is pretty hight:
    Memory Used 45.3 %
    Swap 0.929 %
    Disk hda6 (/) DMA+ 46 %
    Disk hda1 (/boot) DMA+ 38 %
    Disk hda5 (/home) DMA+ 39 %
    Disk hda7 (/tmp) DMA+ 4 %
    Disk hda2 (/usr) DMA+ 39 %
    Disk hdb1 (/backup100) DMA+ 1 %

what do i know, i'm ust a clieint
    Interesting. I don't remember posting that. ??? There are too many typos, etc. But then, maybe I did post it, but too drunk to remember and know the difference.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast