Improvement suggestions.

I am the owner and developer of a community support website by the name of DislexiK DoT KoM (www.DislexiK.com). The concepts behind DDK is to offer support for all types of experienced users in Linux, Networking, Hardware and Programming. Including anonymous posting for all registered users.

However, for the past five months a problem seems to be occurring. I often get e-mails asking for DDK to be turned into a discussion forum along with support. However I do not want for DDK to be turned into yet another normal discussion forum.

I would like your inputs on improvements that could be made to DDK along with whether you feel DDK would suit being a discussion forum as well as a support forum. I am really just looking for experienced and not so experienced users to put back into the Linux, Networking, Hardware and Programming community what they have got out of it. Including myself.

Thank you for your time.
    "You donít learn to hack, you hack to learn"

Couldn't remember if I had mentioned this when you first asked for a review: your site, being support-oriented, is like those compact vitamin tablets. It's probably relatively more difficult to grow in exponential phase, but (IMHO) this is the most valuable quality; and you're making a good decision keeping it support-only.

However, there's no reason why you can't open two or three more forums, with much broader topic division than usual, to try and cover the demand for discussion. This way the whole site would still be support-oriented, but people still have places to discuss.

Thanks for the input dalechou. I am wanting to stick to just a support forum, however I am also trying to please the visitors and current members.

I do have Just Talk forums for each of the topics allowing for a wide discussion like you mentioned. I may try point this out more for visitors. Maybe move them up in the forum listings.

Thanks again.
    "You donít learn to hack, you hack to learn"