Thread: Codec Question

Question Codec Question

Does anyone either have the codecs or know where i can get them for QDM2 audio?????

I use VLC Media Player (Best media player out there (along with the other 2 things i have (WMP9 and RP8+))) and those seem to be the ONLY Quicktime clips i cant hear.......(Ones encoded with QDM2 audio) I can SEE THEM,i just cant hear them

If someone could point me in the rite direction,I WOULD BE MORE THANKFULL THAN YOU REELIZE!!!!!!!!! (Ill add it to my VLC plugin folder)

It seems highly unlikely that if REAL PLAYER 10 can play QDM2 audio and stuff,that VLC Media Player (Which is 100% better than real player 10) cant do it????!?!?!?! No,theres gotta be some [email protected] or something out there that will "force" QDM2 audio to be heard with VLC........

Mplayer does it (Linux) Someone on the VLC DISCUSSION SITE said there was a codec 'JUST FOR DEVELOPERS'....Is there a way to get that codec????? This is bugging me cause i LOVE VLC so much and to not be able to hear the audio on 'QDM2 audio clips' with a program AS GOOD AS VLC,is stunning!!!

I can view those clips JUST FINE which is puzzling........

Does anyone have QUICKTIME INSTALLED to get a look @ the actual codecs used and MAYBE i could put them in the VLC folder after renaming them accordingly...

Some1 on anuther site mentioned that he checked the FEATURES page of VLC and it DOES SAY THEY SUPPORT 'QDM2' audio on win platforms...I had noticed this be4 also...Maybe @ 1 point it was and it was removed,i dunno........

I know there was some conflict about VLC being able to hear it,(With some stupid GPL licensing or whatever) -- Maybe they DID support it @ one point and dont anymore......

For example this clip i can VIEW FINE.......I just cant hear it,as its 'QDM2' audio........

Very annoying!!!!! -- Thanx for any help

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Re: Codec Question

Originally posted by The Dude
    Does anyone either have the codecs or know where i can get them for QDM2 audio?????

I use VLC Media Player (Best media player out there (along with the other 2 things i have (WMP9 and RP8+))) and those seem to be the ONLY Quicktime clips i cant hear.......(Ones encoded with QDM2 audio) I can SEE THEM,i just cant hear them

If someone could point me in the rite direction,I WOULD BE MORE THANKFULL THAN YOU REELIZE!!!!!!!!! (Ill add it to my VLC plugin folder)

It seems highly unlikely that if REAL PLAYER 10 can play QDM2 audio and stuff,that VLC Media Player (Which is 100% better than real player 10) cant do it????!?!?!?! No,theres gotta be some [email protected] or something out there that will "force" QDM2 audio to be heard with VLC........

Mplayer does it (Linux) Someone on the VLC DISCUSSION SITE said there was a codec 'JUST FOR DEVELOPERS'....Is there a way to get that codec????? This is bugging me cause i LOVE VLC so much and to not be able to hear the audio on 'QDM2 audio clips' with a program AS GOOD AS VLC,is stunning!!!

I can view those clips JUST FINE which is puzzling........

Does anyone have QUICKTIME INSTALLED to get a look @ the actual codecs used and MAYBE i could put them in the VLC folder after renaming them accordingly...

Some1 on anuther site mentioned that he checked the FEATURES page of VLC and it DOES SAY THEY SUPPORT 'QDM2' audio on win platforms...I had noticed this be4 also...Maybe @ 1 point it was and it was removed,i dunno........

I know there was some conflict about VLC being able to hear it,(With some stupid GPL licensing or whatever) -- Maybe they DID support it @ one point and dont anymore......

For example this clip i can VIEW FINE.......I just cant hear it,as its 'QDM2' audio........

Very annoying!!!!! -- Thanx for any help
    I ran that clip through GSpot V2.21 codec Infomation Appliance by Steve G. It reports that there is NO audio on that clip. Like you I can see the clip but get no sound.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

Are you sure you are using the latest version of the player? According to this page, support for your codec is available, but only in Windows and OSX.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
    If you feel like it, you can read my blog
    Signal > Noise

Originally posted by fyrestrtr
    Are you sure you are using the latest version of the player? According to this page, support for your codec is available, but only in Windows and OSX.
    Ok I am using Windows XP Pro sp2 ... I tried playing the clip with Quick Time but got no sound. I tried Power DVD but no sound. I tried Nero's Show Time but got no sound. I downloaded the latest VLC Media play but still no sound.
    I have Morgan Multi Media codec pack installed that has every codec ever invented it even has some the haven't been inveted yet.

Finally I downloaded Quick Time Alternative and that played the clip WITH SOUND

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

You have QT and you had NO SOUND on it????? Thats wierd

I just dont wanna DL yet another program thats all.......... VLC is 1 of the BEST ever apps.........

I heard there was a hack using Quicktime 5 DLL's,i know 1 file thats needed (qtmlclient.dll) you add it to your VLC folder....(I guess along with all the other dlls,i dunno........)

Oh well,thanx guys

You have QT and you had NO SOUND on it????? Thats wierd

I just dont wanna DL yet another program thats all.......... VLC is 1 of the BEST ever apps.........

I heard there was a hack using Quicktime 5 DLL's,i know 1 file thats needed (qtmlclient.dll) you add it to your VLC folder....(I guess along with all the other dlls,i dunno........)

Oh well,thanx guys
    If VCL is so good why didn't it play the sound?? I am not passing judgement as I am not familar with the program however as I was able to download QT Alternative and it played sound then I would assume it was superior. I don't like QT so I probably will uninstall that and then just use QT alternative.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

I just dont want yet anuther program on my computer,i dunno.....

I think its wierd you cant hear the audi on that track was QT...What version of QT is it???

Oh well

I just dont want yet anuther program on my computer,i dunno.....

I think its wierd you cant hear the audi on that track was QT...What version of QT is it???

Oh well
    Quick Time version 3

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

Quicktime is up to version 6 now, 7 for OSX.
    GotPing Internet
    www.gotping.com

I just wish some1 would be kind enough to give me the codec (Which i no exists)

Smile Success!!!

I got AUDIO with QDM2 files!!!!!!!!

YOU DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL QUICKTIME!!!!!!

ALL YOU NEED IS 2 FILES:

1) qtmlclient.dll
    2) quicktime.qts

Place both files into your SYSTEM directory...........

God Bless all