Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LiquidWeb: Double the RAM on all servers - free! 4GB on Dual Opteron/Xeon - 2GB on P4

Hi All,

We are pleased to announce our "Double the RAM" offer! For a limited time, when you order a Liquid Web server, you will get twice the standard memory at no additional charge! This means our Professional and Enterprise series Dual Xeon and Opteron servers that normally come with 2GB get upgraded to a whopping 4GB of RAM! Our P4 Webmaster series get upgraded to 2GB!

For a limited time, enter the following coupon codes into the comments box of our order form to receive the following upgrades:

Webmaster Pentium 4 Series
    DOUBLE_THE_RAM - Upgrade to 2GB of RAM from 1GB of RAM ($35/month savings!)

Professional Dual Xeon and Opteron Series
    DOUBLE_THE_RAM - Upgrade to 4GB of RAM from 2GB of RAM ($100/month savings!)
    PRO244UPGRADE - For a free upgrade to Dual Opteron 244 CPUs on our Professional Plan 2 (may be combined with DOUBLE_THE_RAM offer!)

Enterprise Dual Xeon and Opteron Series
    DOUBLE_THE_RAM - Upgrade to 4GB of RAM from 2GB of RAM ($100/month savings!)
    ENT244UPGRADE - For a free upgrade to Dual Opteron 244 CPUs on our Enterprise Plan 2

Configure your server here: http://www.liquidweb.com/dedicated/

Plans come with:
    - Full Management
    - 24/7/365 Phone and Helpdesk Support
    - 24/7/365 Pro-Active Service Monitoring
    - 100% Network Uptime Guarantee
    - 2 Hour Hardware Replacement SLA
    - 50GB Remote Backup Service
    ... and more!

Please be sure to choose the standard RAM configuration (ie. 1GB on the Webmaster series, 2GB on the Professional and Enterprise series) on our web site, and enter the coupon code "DOUBLE_THE_RAM" in the comments section of the order form to ensure the invoice you are sent is correct.

This offer is valid for new server orders only. It is only valid for the standard RAM configurations. This offer may not be combined with any other offers.

The Liquid Web Advantage:

Managed Support
    - Liquid Web's highly trained staff monitors your system services 24/7 to ensure service consistency and availability. If a problem is detected, our experienced and trained technicians get paged and incident response is nearly instantaneous, mitigating the impact of any service or hardware failure to the highest possible degree. As we own and operate our entire data center directly, we are able to respond quickly and efficiently to issues of any impact level. From simple software service failures to catastrophic hardware failures our on-site level 3 technicians are able to react without delay, 24 hours per day.

A large range of system software updates are handled for all clients. We update basic system software such as Apache and PHP upon request, perform security updates, as well as any other general system administration duties you may need. While a good working command line knowledge is useful, with Liquid Web, you may never need to log in through SSH again.

On average, our helpdesk tickets are initially answered in under 20 minutes, and our phones are answered in under 30 seconds.

Liquid Web Managed Support Definition

Proactive Security Updates and Security Notifications
    - Vulnerability discovery, assessment and response can be a time
    consuming process. Liquid Web handles this responsibility on your behalf through an optimized assessment and upgrade process which allows us to continually evaluate and respond to the security of our managed servers.
    When a high-risk vulnerability is discovered, such as kernel or SSH vulnerability, we immediately patch your server as soon as an update is available, at no additional charge. If a vulnerability is discovered in a software package which may have a custom configuration or where an update could cause a conflict, we initiate contact with you immediately so you may advise us on to how you would like us to proceed.

Quite simply, we employ intelligent proactive security, ensuring your server is secure and functional to the highest level possible. This way you get all the benefits of proactive security, but don't have to worry about unwanted service disruptions. Of course, you can always opt out of the proactive upgrade process if you would like.

Intelligent Attack and TOS Resolution
    - Liquid Web will never simply "pull the plug" on your server in response to a denial of service attack, TOS violation, or billing issue. We believe in communicating with clients, and will always be sure to contact you via phone or email before any major action is taken if it is at all avoidable. We know your server is your business and uptime is crucial which is why we are proud to offer you the personal care you deserve.

Liquid Web Datacenter
    - Our multi-homed network is powered by premium tier-1 bandwidth featuring diverse path OC-48 fiber connectivity with carriers MCI/UUNet and Savvis/Cable & Wireless. The implementation of premium tier-1 bandwidth as well as N+1 redundant routing hardware ensures enhanced stability and superior performance in reliability, throughput and latency. Coupled with BGP, network consistency is assured in the event of a provider network outage, low level line failure, fiber cut, or even a core routing hardware failure. Power systems are reliable and robust featuring a large centralized UPS system and massive backup generator, providing our datacenter with continual power even in the event of extended total electrical blackout. Environmental systems keep ambient temperatures at a constant and actively remove foreign particulates from the air to ensure the best ventilation possible for all servers. All network traffic is monitored by an Intrusion Detection System to alert us to any nefarious activity at any network layer before it can impact service consistency. Datacenter entry is limited to technician staff and security monitored throughout our entire facility utilizing an array of CCTV cameras running 24/7.

Quite simply, our entire datacenter was engineered from the ground up for maximum performance, stability, and security.

More information about Liquid Web's Datacenter

Liquid Web Complete Service
    - All of our servers come with your choice of CentOS, Fedora, FreeBSD, or Windows 2003 Server. Cpanel servers include the powerful Fantastico Auto-Installer suite at no additional charge. We also provide MRTG graphs from the switch port so you can monitor your traffic performance and usage in near real time. When you receive your server, it is delivered to your specifications, with all of the latest software updates installed.Your system is truly "ready to go".

Liquid Web InitAdmin Service
    We are happy to introduce the InitAdmin service which is now available free with all CentOS based Cpanel servers.

This initial setup service secure your server includes:
    Installing Exiscan + ClamAV Anti-Virus
    Rebuilding Apache with commonly used modules and PHP settings for optimum computability
    Installing Zend Optimizer
    Installing ImageMagick, PerlMagick, NetPBM
    Installing a customized APF Firewall
    Install Rootkit Hunter + Custom Scanning software
    DOS Protection for Apache
    Securing temporary directories and shared memory locations
    Spoof Protection and DOS hardening
    Custom Liquid Web Stats to monitor load, RAM, disk usage, etc.

Liquid Web SLA: http://www.liquidweb.com/dedicated/sla/
    Liquid Web TOS: http://www.liquidweb.com/tos/dedicated/

IP to ping: 209.59.139.21
    Speed test: http://209.59.139.21/data/10mb.bin
    This is the server which hosts the main www.liquidweb.com site.

If you have any questions about our services, please send me an email at zac@liquidweb.com and I will be happy to help.
    Zac Cogswell / CEI
    Formerly known as WiredTree Zac

great offer!
    can you offer RVskin?

We do not offer RVSkin at the current time. We do offer Fantastico and XController though.
    Zac Cogswell / CEI

how long does it take to set up the server?

Awesome. I've been looking at getting another server and I think this just sealed the deal. My current server with LiquidWeb has had 100% network & power uptime for the past three months. They've been so close to perfect that it's scary.

Can you confirm that if no control panel, it is self managed?

And do you offer VPS license too if we buy your server as what theplanet offer?

*are these(P4 and Daul Xeon) both on 100mb port?
    *how long does it take to setup?
    *BW are in+out =1600G or 800G in/800G out
    *adults allowed?
    Last edited by ServerZB; 05-03-2005 at 01:47 AM.

I can answer most of these questions being a current customer. No control panel is in fact self managed. Most servers are on 100mb ports, but are not guaranteed to be. BW is 800 in and 800 out, and adult content is allowed on dedicated servers.

Furthermore, I would like to add that liquidweb has treated me like GOLD for the last 5 months. A+++ company in every aspect.
    Last edited by ANRHost; 05-03-2005 at 09:54 AM.
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!

I am curious that how to measure 800Gin and 800G out? I know that cpanel only show one of them..is it possible to have something like 1500G in+out?

How much for extra BW also

cheers

Originally posted by Downloadinn
    I am curious that how to measure 800Gin and 800G out? I know that cpanel only show one of them..is it possible to have something like 1500G in+out
    LiquidWeb's customer portal keeps track of that 24/7 with numbers for the inbound & outbound traffic. Included are MRTG graphs.

You can get 1500GB's total in+out with the Xeons & Opteron servers.

To inogenius
    what about P4 servers? something like 1200G in+out?

Originally posted by Downloadinn
    To inogenius
    what about P4 servers? something like 1200G in+out?
    That doesn't appear to be a stock option on their website. Their sales department however are excellent and can meet pretty much anyone's needs. You can call them at +1.800-580-4985. Hold times are usually less than a minute.

Thanks for the feedback all!

I think this will answer all of the questions posted so far in the thread:

Most setups are completed within 24 hours.

By default, our servers come on 100Mbit ports, although we reserve the right to set them down to 10Mbits in case of DOS or similiar activity.

Our servers are fully managed with a control panel. Without a control panel they are self-managed.

Legal adult content is allowed on our dedicated servers.

The bandwidth ratio is set. Overage fees are $1.50/GB . You can contact us for a quote for additional transfer if you need it ahead of time.
    Zac Cogswell / CEI

I placed an order yesterday. Let's wait to see how fast they can set up the server

How long will be this offer avalaible?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

The offer will be available at least through this week - it may be extended, but we are unsure at the current time.
    Zac Cogswell / CEI

Thumbs up Looking good so far!

Things are looking real good with these guys at least as far as I'm concerned. I ordered one of their Professional series servers yesterday around noon, had my order confirmed over the phone within an hour, and received my welcome e-mail with server details at 9:30pm, despite their stating a 24 hour turnaround on new orders.

Very quick service so far. Server appears to be very fast, although I'm still configuring it at the moment and have not gone live with it yet.
    - Steve
    Free Hosting Bug - Excellent source of free web hosting providers and customer reviews.
    MySQL 5.1.31 PHP 5.2.8/5.2.9 extensions for Windows available here.

They stay fast shackrat. My P4 servers with them have 200+ domains hosted on each, and still run as smooth as the day I started using them.

Great!

Bohica,

I'm relieved to hear your say that. As we speak now, one of my other servers (not LiquidWeb) is down and waiting for a reboot (again). I plan to move off of it by the end of the day.

Only hit one small bump in the road so far, the server is reporting 3.5GB of RAM instead of 4. I'm sure it'll be resolved soon though.
    - Steve
    Free Hosting Bug - Excellent source of free web hosting providers and customer reviews.

my first ticket support was answered after 5 hours 22 minutes. my second ticket is so far more than 20 minutes but still there is no respond.

Re: Great!

Originally posted by shackrat
    I'm relieved to hear your say that. As we speak now, one of my other servers (not LiquidWeb) is down and waiting for a reboot (again). I plan to move off of it by the end of the day.
    With liquidweb, reboots are normally done within an hour maximum.

Originally posted by beniceman
    my first ticket support was answered after 5 hours 22 minutes. my second ticket is so far more than 20 minutes but still there is no respond.
    You are probably using "non-client" support then, it's a bit slower than support that you get when you're a current customer.

The reporting of 3.5GB of RAM rather than 4GB is due to how the Opteron architecture works - 3.5GB-4GB is reserved memory, and normal.
    Zac Cogswell / CEI

Reserved memory? Exactly what is it reserved for? Sounds like a reiteration of the old 640k limit. ;-)

Anyhow I must say that the issue was handled promptly despite my accidently closing the support ticket, twice. ;-)

On another note, I'm still waiting for my old (unnamed) host to get the damned server up. It died about 4 hours ago and I haven't even received a response yet.
    - Steve

I use the "client" support, their PIMS helpdesk.

the average answer-time of the helpdesk so far is 5 hours

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast