Planning new server from managed.com

Hi:

I was just planning to buy a new dedicated server from managed.com. There pricing are quite attractive.

May I ask for your comments on the issue. Please share your experiences so that I can decide.
    ESC :wq!

Haven't kept up with these forums for a few months, but back then the status was.. sub-par network, occasional latency, slow support response times. I had a server there about a year ago, for a very short period, and the network wasn't great (few periods a month of very high pings and packet loss).

I'm a 15minuteservers.com customer now.
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts

Thanks Dan for sharing your experience. Is there any one else. Please share your experience with them.

Re: Planning new server from managed.com

Originally posted by firestarter
    Hi:

I was just planning to buy a new dedicated server from managed.com. There pricing are quite attractive.

May I ask for your comments on the issue. Please share your experiences so that I can decide.
    All of the information you will ever need

You can also check out their forums: http://forum.managed.com/

I haven't seen too much recent stuff, though.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

they have solve their latency problem already.

i had one server with they about 6 month ago, really inexistent support, and when sometimes surprising come there were unuseful. Now i see a new website, perhaps better support or service?

Thanks for the inputs guys. I have searched the WHT and all the threads were older and could not decide.

Please let me know if there is any new clients of them having any experiences there.

Please share your thought of there recent support and QOS. All the old clients are also requested to share there thoughts too.

I will be buying in the next week and want to have as much informations as you have so that I can decide.

I cant decide on the basis of there old testimonials, as I think , things over there have improved a lot now.

I need to know the recent experiences of you guys.

.firestarter

I placed an order for a server to use as a backup box, didnt get contacted for days after payment.

I then sent an email to their sales team, they told me I had to fill out a fax and send it to them.

I got my money back at that point considering they didnt contact me after I made payment.

If I where you, I would invest a little more and go with ev1 or servermatrix.

If you are in Europe I hear iracks.com are good.

firestarter, my bigest recomendation it's not to look only the price, at the end what you are going to need it's fast support, and more important than fast, efective !!

if you want a cheap server, there are dozen more than managed, but it's not good to choose looking ONLY the price,

just my 2 cents !!

Originally posted by pueblosnet
    firestarter, my bigest recomendation it's not to look only the price, at the end what you are going to need it's fast support, and more important than fast, efective !!

if you want a cheap server, there are dozen more than managed, but it's not good to choose looking ONLY the price,

just my 2 cents !!
    pueblosnet

I understand that. I am really looking at the other options too, but was asking for all of the mates here for there opinion as I got recomendation to go for managed.com.

And may I ask you to share your experience, if there is any with them.

As I know , history does matter, but proper learning from history can make the present better.
    May be , new management of the managed.com has learnt the lessons and new and existing clients are getting good responses. May be they are getting bad responses !!

Also, can you please recomend a few decent dedicated server sellers !!

for my 2 or 3 year experience, fastservers.net give me what i want, there are not the cheaper but are the better option for me. In the industry there are a lot of good comapanies with dedicated servers, good look on your search!! and remeber to share then !!
    honesting.es honest european provider