Well, guys, DELL is a cheapish brand in computing, OK? Nothing to brag about.
HP is the number 1 x86 server vendor, it has 30% of the x86 server market. DELL has only 10%. HP is also the number 1 notebook vendor. SUN is a top enterprise vendor. IBM is also a top server vendor, only after HP. They all sell Opteron servers. For instance, HP has Dl145, DL385, DL585, BL25, BL35, BL45 opteron servers and blades, HP's benchmarks show that Opteron beats Xeon. SUN has their V40z and V20z server line and is ready to launch 8 models of galaxy line of Opteron servers. SUN terminated their xeon server line. Cray, the supercomputer vendor, their two of three supercomputers are based on Opteron, one is the XT3, which can have up to 20000 nOpterons, and one is the XD1, with hundreds of Opterons.

DELL uses AMD as a bargain chip to get deeper discounts from INTEL, so they can sell desktops with 17 inch LCD for $479 today and still make profit. As the recent Japanese investigation shows, INTEL gave big discounts to companies that promise not to use AMD, and that was illegal and INTEL pleaded no contest there and agreed to stop that illegal monopolistic practice in Japan.

DELL is certainly happy to sell a server that worth only 15K for a price of 35K. It is like a dealer sold you a 15K car for 35K, am I going to say praises for your car? Well, if I just want to make you like me more, I will say what a nice car! if I am an honest and helping person, I will point out that car is a 15K car, so you won't make the same mistake again.

INTEL blindly copied AMD's manual, but what they delivered was a 36 bit chip, which means your INTEL server can have a maximum ram of 64GB. That is not true 64 bit machine. Furthermore, you can only do DMA at the lower 4GB. It's fake. and it caused a lot of headache for OS developers. I never said INTEL cant copy. What I said was INTEL tried to copy AMD but they could not make a good copy, and their copy is a kludge. Some people think INTEL's copy of AMD64 is as good as AMD, I am telling you that is incorrect.