OnWebUSA.net Horrible Host

I tried this host through an eBay auction. The servers are very overcrowded, lots of downtime, horrible support. Avoid this host at all costs.

Nearly every day since I tried this host there has been atleast an hour of downtime, when its up it takes forever to use.

My apologies that was actually expensive hosting and you got majorly ripped off. Still what were you thinking buying hosting off of ebay.

Also their site seems to load reasonably fast. What site do you host with them?
    Last edited by cywkevin; 05-02-2005 at 04:57 PM.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

You can sell hosting on eBay?
    Webair Internet Development Inc.
    Shared Hosting • Managed Dedicated Servers • SEO
    1.866.WEBAIR.1 • www.webair.com • 24/7/365 Support • Adult Friendly
    My comments do not reflect the views of the company or its management.

Originally posted by wanga
    You can sell a cola bottle on eBay if you wish.

Tacox, let this be a lesson to search around before being seduced by low cost eBay goods.
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

I didn't think their prices were necessarily unreasonable on the surface, but poor customer service is unexcusable. Back in the day when I tried the hosting foray, I advertised hosting on eBay. Not recommended - you have to sell for next to nothing and you only get bottom-feeders.
    Figly Media
    Plesk 9.2.1 Shared Linux Hosting
    PHP 5.2.9, MySQL, PostgreSQL & more!
    http://www.figly.com

Ebay is great for a lot of things, but I don't believe web hosting is one of them.

Originally posted by wanga
    Uh oh! Don't give him the idea
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

Really very sorry to hear the experience with your host.

Coming to ebay, it is really a well established company with many areas of operation with them. They are having a tremendous record in the auction of products as well as other sales products.

Sorry to hear about this! Buying hosting off ebay is a risk. Always test out support beforehand. If it looks to good to be true, it is!
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy

Hello,

I currently use onwebusa.net. They have been extremely well for myself so far. I eMail them with questions and get a reply within 30 minutes.

-Phill

Just tried to access the website in your profile, which is hosted by the same people (I've done my research, trust me), Phill11. Wonder why your site is down right about now....

The things that make you go "Hmmmmm"

http://www.whois.sc/powerhostingplus.com
    http://www.whois.sc/onwebusa.net

[ka] looking up powerhostingplus.com
    [ka] could not resolve powerhostingplus.com ()
    [ka] looking up onwebusa.net
    [ka] onwebusa.net () -> 72.21.35.50 () -> 50.35.21.72.reverse.layeredtech.com () [^G=copy]
    [ka] looking up NS1.AZWEBWATCHERS.COM
    [ka] NS1.AZWEBWATCHERS.COM () -> 72.21.35.50 () -> 50.35.21.72.reverse.layeredtech.com () [^G=copy]

Just out of curiosity, how can you offer unlimited bandwidth?
    Last edited by Douglas; 05-04-2005 at 02:49 AM.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

Originally posted by The Bear
    Just tried to access the website in your profile, which is hosted by the same people (I've done my research, trust me), Phill11. Wonder why your site is down right about now....

The things that make you go "Hmmmmm"

http://www.whois.sc/powerhostingplus.com
    http://www.whois.sc/onwebusa.net

[ka] looking up powerhostingplus.com
    [ka] could not resolve powerhostingplus.com ()
    [ka] looking up onwebusa.net
    [ka] onwebusa.net () -> 72.21.35.50 () -> 50.35.21.72.reverse.layeredtech.com () [^G=copy]
    [ka] looking up NS1.AZWEBWATCHERS.COM
    [ka] NS1.AZWEBWATCHERS.COM () -> 72.21.35.50 () -> 50.35.21.72.reverse.layeredtech.com () [^G=copy]

Just out of curiosity, how can you offer unlimited bandwidth?
    PowerHostingPlus isn't my site.. Sorry. Haven't updated the profile in a while.

Marketing off eBay posts kind of scares me to tell you the truth. I suppose lots of people will go to great lengths to advertise and I suppose eBay is an "easy" way to "get the name out". I just would not rely on surfing eBay to find respectable hosts -- try to find a more focused website dedicated to web hosting ratings, plenty out there

What this user has not told you is he violated our terms of service by using a single domain hosting account & providing free hosting for everybody that comes along. It is clearly stated in our TOS that an account cannot be shared. Client violated TOS so clients account was suspended bottom line. There was no downtime at all. I am sure PHIL11 will verify our services as he uses us.

Follow up about Tacox

This user knew there was scripting problems with his website. The problems this user complained about where with the scripting of the pages. never a problem with our services. See a copy of an email sent to us below. User says...*Tacox* "The reason it (the website) doesnt load currently is because of a haywire PHP
    program i'm currently trying to locate"

Also after we realised the user was violating our TOS by allowing unlimited anonymous public uploads we suspened the account. End of story.

Along with that regarding ebay this user has over 10 feedback in his public profile calling him a liar & a thief. See ebay user anime6590 How nice anybody can come on a public forum & knowingly lie. We provide a good stable service & all of our servers run 99.5% + uptime.

----- Original Message -----
    To: <admin@onwebusa.net>
    Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 3:30 PM
    Subject: Re: eBay Item: CPANEL WEBSITE HOSTING

> The reason it doesnt load currently is because of a haywire PHP
    > program i'm currently trying to locate

A few excerpts about this user Tacox in his public feedback.

- Days later No coa, no refund, do not buy from him!
    Buyer lnalrocks ( 3 ) Feb-13-05 05:10 8167734232

- Thief! Took my money and ran. Never do business with you again!
    Buyer lip567 ( 50) Feb-07-05 06:52 8164745824

- BE AWARE: selling same account to everyone, doesn't answer emails, FRAUD
    Buyer zekash ( 30) Dec-10-03 18:04 3063966620

- Warning sellers ads are misleading email him to make sure of what you are gettin
    Buyer ninety7expo ( 402) May-11-03 07:17 3023876160

- Didn't deliver what I bid on. Then delivered ACCOUNT BELONGING TO SOMEONE ELSE.
    Buyer frieden ( 241) Dec-11-02 10:03 1392977817

- Take care. Hes not clear. I will never buy from him again.
    Buyer brazil_brazil ( 16) Oct-09-02 23:14 1384853720

- Seller unilaterally created mule acct -not familiar with this lost item
    Buyer bubble_breath ( 37) Jun-16-02 10:40 1358869601
    Reliable Personal & Business Hosting Solutions

http://www.onwebusa.net

On your auction a TOS was not listed anywhere.

Hi!

OnWebUSA.net - Upime 50%.
    OnWebUSA.net - Everyday is down mysql majority isn't working.
    OnWebUSA.net - Hosting general is irredeemable.

I bought this hosting on eBay I have there shops with underwear. Admin OnWebUSA.net send me email that I heve adutl on the site !!!

He suspended my account. I want back my files. He said that I don't restore MY FILES and !!!!!!!

On my site isn't adult only underwear! He said about somthing TOS but this TOS isn't exist on he site!!!

My site: stronawww . pl

So:
    I don't have a site!
    I don't have a files!
    I don't have a nothing!

I regenerate this hosting !!!

I bank that anybody bay this hosting on the futhere! To haven't this probleme how I have now.

Client has not paid his bill credit card continualy was declined & chargebacks.

Client was also warned previously about adult content, nudty & links to sex shops not allowed as per our AUP & he agreed to remove but did not do so.

http://onwebusa.net/acceptable_use.shtml
    (client says does not exist)

True uptime 99.8%+.

http://www.siteuptime.com/statistics...9&UserId=17489

If uptime & service so lousy why renew month after month?
    (with credit cards that get declined & chargebacks)

Another client disgruntled because caught violating the rules & not paying bill now comes here & lies.

Remember people the servers belong to the webhost company not the clients. If clients can not or will not follow the rules( or pay their bill) clients can not use the servers. Rules are in place to protect the company & the clients. Only one rulebreaker is all it takes to cause a problem for everybody else. I think I speak for most web host providers regarding this.
    Reliable Personal & Business Hosting Solutions

http://www.onwebusa.net

Sorry bout ur experience.. i guess ill remember that for future reference. search around this forum ull find a good host.
    ShellCentral.net
    Web Hosting, ShoutCast Servers, Dedicated Servers, Reseller Accounts, Domain Registration and more.

This thread reminds me of a comedy of errors ...
    • Ddos, DOS, Brute force protection • White Label Reseller Hosting. • Proactive Server Management
    • 20+ years experience! • sales@uncensored-hosting.com
    • Uncensored-Hosting • X @UncensoredHost