* OSCommerece - Getting desperate....

I run my webstore on OSCommerece - when I first started the forums on OSCommerce were great and most problems were sorted inside a few days. However as time has went on I have added more and more functionality and discovered bugs (mostly in contributions which to me is one of the biggest strengths but also weaknesses in OSCommerce) and the help via the forums has dried up completely!!!

Im having issues with the affiliate program, nochex payment module, image thumbnailing, image watermarking and now trying to add functionality around limiting availability on certain end of line products. These (especially the affiliate one) are costing me dearly and the images ones is actually stopping me moving to my new all singing, all dancing beast of a server which I got last month (thanks Server4Sale ).

Anyway point of the post - is anyone here experiencing the same problems as I am above or using the same contributions and feel as though they could offer some advice? Failing that does anyone know of any good people / companies with experience in OSCommerce who may be able to help?

As a final resort, are there any fully featured shopping carts out there offering at least the functionality of OSCommerce plus the main contributions which are backed up with reliable and readily available commercial support which you can recommend?

Many Thanks

Jason

Have you looked at Zen-Cart? I am just now looking into it.
    I don't know if they have all the features you need - but their forum is very active.
    -Duane-
    Would you buy a used web site from this guy?

Originally posted by Duane
    Have you looked at Zen-Cart? I am just now looking into it.
    I don't know if they have all the features you need - but their forum is very active.
    I hadnt but Im looking at it now - thats how bad things have gotten!!

Thanks

Jason

Zen-cart is derived of oscommerce (copy).

osocmmeroce is best far in shopping cart..

If you post your problems we might help you.

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Originally posted by azizny
    Zen-cart is derived of oscommerce (copy).

osocmmeroce is best far in shopping cart..

If you post your problems we might help you.

Peace,
    Having looked at it I thought it might have been as it looked very similar.

My problems are many! In a nutshell what I need to be able to do but cannot are:

* Affiliate sales do not register if the customer pays using NoChex APC (my only current payment method but works fine with cheques in test environment etc);

* Need to have image thumbnailing and watermarking - am interested in a few that use GLib as they are on the fly but they dont work fully and despite posts to the support threads Im getting nothing back;

* I need to be able to allow customers to order out of stock items for certain products but not for others - part one is easy but part two, again, no one seems to be able to help.

I know there are more but these are the biggies just now - Im starting to think that for a commecial site you need to pay for a shopping cart as its so critical to the success of my business!

Jason