ASP.NET Webhosting

Hello,

I have hired a programmer to build me a database driven website (at the same time we are expaning our product line by thousands of products). He has just sent me an email detailing his main requirements for a web hosting company. I was wondering if anyone could suggest some quality web host providers who could meet our needs. Thanks. Below is my programmer's requirements:

1. Windows hosting with .NET support

2. Minimum of
    a. 300 Mb diskspace
    b. 150 Mb SQL server space (we can add more later, if needed)
    c. Email accounts not sure; as many as you need

3. Would like to have (this is usually not mentioned on the hosting plans, and we would have to email their contact and find out):
    a. Flexibility to add and use custom dlls and components
    b. Any additional custom controls provided by hosting company
    c. Strong .NET tech support team

I am sure any plans that provide this will also support most standard features, and hence am not really listing them out. These are our main requirements.

Hi!
    I would suggest...search wht/google and collect names of all reputated windows host..then you can contact them individually to see if they can provide you all that you need...
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Search at WHT advertisement forums section. You will find some really good deals. You can also place a quote request for your requirements at the following link:-

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php

Whatever hosts you come across in your research, I'd always recommend you ensure your host has significant experience in Windows and has been in business for a while. A host with an inexperienced team will have alot of problems. I've seen this happen to many start-up hosts so keep that in mind.
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

Has anyone used HB9.NET for windows Web hosting? I had a real bad experience with this firm. Moved the servers without moving the web pages and applications, now they want money to restore it back.
    Does anyone know of reliable MSSQL web hosting that does not do this kind of stuff?

You may try looking at stormhosts.com AllenB (username here on this forum) and they/he may be able to help you.
    Reseller-Network.Com
    Hsphere, DirectAdmin, or Helm. Windows 2003 & Unix Reseller,Shared,and Dedicated Hosting.
    *Multi-Homed* *Usage-Based* *Adult Content Allowed*

Re: ASP.NET Webhosting

You might want to clarify your requirement for custom dll's.

Installing custom dll's for "classic ASP" is not supported by many hosts because of the security issues.  However, with ASP.NET, "custom dll's" that are written in .NET are not true binaries and can be installed within your website by simply publishing the files and therefore are almost always supported.

Originally posted by Webhelper

Voicegateway.com Web Services - High-performance Hosting & Fully Managed Servers
    Specializing in Virtual Machine Hosting with Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2, Windows SharePoint Services, Microsoft SQL Server 2005, ASP.NET 2.0 hosting and Newsletter/Mailing list services

Whatever hosts you come across in your research, I'd always recommend you ensure your host has significant experience in Windows and has been in business for a while. A host with an inexperienced team will have alot of problems. I've seen this happen to many start-up hosts so keep that in mind.
    Words of wisdom Yash! Linux hosting and Windows hosting can be considered as two very different services. A great Linux host doesn't necessarily make a good Windows host.
    Last edited by ldcdc; 05-02-2005 at 08:02 PM.

Re: ASP.NET Webhosting

Originally posted by Webhelper
    Hello,

I have hired a programmer to build me a database driven website (at the same time we are expaning our product line by thousands of products). He has just sent me an email detailing his main requirements for a web hosting company. I was wondering if anyone could suggest some quality web host providers who could meet our needs. Thanks. Below is my programmer's requirements:

1. Windows hosting with .NET support

2. Minimum of
    a. 300 Mb diskspace
    b. 150 Mb SQL server space (we can add more later, if needed)
    c. Email accounts not sure; as many as you need

3. Would like to have (this is usually not mentioned on the hosting plans, and we would have to email their contact and find out):
    b. Any additional custom controls provided by hosting company
    c. Strong .NET tech support team

I am sure any plans that provide this will also support most standard features, and hence am not really listing them out. These are our main requirements.
    Hi there,

Just curious to know why .NET for database driven application? As mentioned custom dll is not something that is allowed on sharedhosting. This might probably lead you to getting a dedicated server and also serving the licensing of MS SQL , and Windows very soon.

Why not go on linux php mysql , it is as good.... probably you dont get much fancy visual components like ASP.NET, but if you add some technicality to it, it should be as interactive. =) Just my 2 cents.

Joshua

You really don't need any custom DLL in Windows apart from the standard components most hosts install.

In .NET, you can create your own compiled libraries and put it in the bin directory of your account and use it without informing the host or asking them to register it.
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

If you are looking for a suggestion for a good solid asp.net web host, I highly recommend Discountasp.net.

Originally posted by Gary Brahmi
    Search at WHT advertisement forums section. You will find some really good deals. You can also place a quote request for your requirements at the following link:-

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php
    But how will that tell the threadstarter whether the host is a quality web host provider as required by him ?

JodoHost seems to be recommended by some in a search. But as to how they would fulfill your requirements, you might have to ask them about that.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.