CreateReport process causes hang

I have a process called CreateReport (seen in Top) that starts and never finishes. Eventually multiple instances build up until all CPU time and memory are used, then the Raq4 hangs.

I have commented out EVERYTHING in crontab, and still it starts!

What starts Creatreport and what is it? I presume something to do with logs and I presume corrupt logs are the problem - but I'm guessing.

Any hint as to how to proceed? Can't grep the whole Raq for CreateReport as it hangs before grep has time to finish.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you using a program called TrafficLight to monitor your sites bandwidth useage? We have used this program and had exactly the same errror. It is a corrupted log file, usally to big.

I have uninstalled TrafficLight for two reasons one, we couldn't find the answer to this problem. Second, because I believed the data returned by the program was not acurate.

Damien
    Cheers

Damien Pepper
    Centralhosts - Webhosting
    Australia

Hi Damien.

Yes, discovered this myself when nobody replied here. Should have posted the solution I guess. Sorry folks!

Actually it turned out to be a corrupt log file rather than Trafficlight itself, but we have removed trafficlight anyway - mainly because the server was getting a bit loaded and we can't afford the CPU time. It did seem to work okay for us though when we were using it.

Thanks for your reply.

Brian,

What do you use to monitor bandwidth now?

I am stuck for a solution.

Damien
    Cheers

Damien Pepper
    Centralhosts - Webhosting
    Australia

Hi Damien.

We use Webalizer. Does not give a summary of all sites, but since this is our own server hosting our own sites, that is not such a big deal.