Hosting Suggestions? I NEED to move!

I've not had good luck with hosts over the years. My latest host oneononeinternet has gotten me fed up for the last time.

My needs are simple

excellent uptime
    webmail
    can support a PHP forum
    24/7 phone support *

*This is sort of a stickler after waiting three days for email response support at various times.

My traffic is light right now but I would like a host that can confortably grow with me.

Thanks so much!

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with web host’s I can assure you they are not all that bad. Sometimes you can obtain a better deal and service from the smaller hosts who are willing to provide you with that added extra attention you won’t find at big-boy hosts, such as 1&1, FastHosts etc so do ensure you check out smaller hosts as well on your search for a reliable hosting provider.

I would suggest you check out the advertisement section of the forum, along with individual member signatures as you could land yourself with the perfect host.

Also, you may want to check out www.hostnexus.com, they have an excellent reputation and are extremely reliable.

I would also like to state that 24/7 telephone support does not always ensure you obtain reliable and quick support.

In the past before Pipex took over HostEurope (WebFusion / DedicatedServers) I ensured the host I chose had telephone support just as you outline in your post, I assumed this would speed up my technical support issues as it was direct contact with an engineer / tech representative as apposed to e-mail.

The actual results where quite different, it seemed that non of the tech reps on the phones had sufficient level of access to make changes to my account to assist me with the difficulties being encountered, instead they would raise an issue with another department (which I could so myself from the website) and would inform me that I would be contacted via e-mail later on in the day.

Again, no e-mail, no telephone, and the same problem which eventually led to a search for a more reliable host, for this reason, 24/7 telephone support to me is not that much of a big deal, live chat is just as reliable.
    Tahir Ahmed
    NetspaceOnline.net - Reliable Personal Web Site Hosting & Business Web Hosting Solutions!
    NSDomains.net - Our Dedicated Domain Registration & Management Portal!
    • Reseller Hosting Solutions • Linux Plesk 8 Control Panel • Provding Quality Hosting Since 2001

It really depends on your budget
    "You pay for what you get"
    If your looking for all around quality and support you will have to pay your way.
    -Naz

You can find affordable good hosting companies. Just remember to test their support system. How long will it take before you get answer, and will they do their best to help you?
    You got 30 day's money back or a trial period, to find out.
    Like some one else already said, tray the offer section of this forum. When you have found some you like, search in the forum for bad complains about the hosting company.

Good luck

Thanks for the suggestions.

BTW, Naz, I never said I wasn't willing to pay. In the past I have paid quite a bit and still got nothing in return. That was one of the reasons I was turning to those more experienced here who might have some quality suggestions.

Thanks everyone.

Besides that I guess you must do little hard work.. start with making a list of hosts who fit into your requirements and budget..

Then start analysing them one by one.. read reviews..search wht/google.. check details on site.. send a tst mail etc.. And Good Luck
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Originally posted by tashayar
    Thanks for the suggestions.

BTW, Naz, I never said I wasn't willing to pay. In the past I have paid quite a bit and still got nothing in return. That was one of the reasons I was turning to those more experienced here who might have some quality suggestions.

Thanks everyone.
    Hello tashayar,

There are many great providers that can accomodate you..

Things to look for:

-reviews
    -clustered services
    -backup strategy
    -public forum for communication
    -call the company and see if they either answer the phone or return a voice message within a reasonable amount of time

Hope this helps...

-clustered services
    While it can be a thing to look for, and I'm sure you Andrew truly believe in it, in my opinion few hosting customers really have to put it that high in their list of things to look for. That is not to say that I fail to appreciate the advantages offered by clustered services though. I do, I simply don't see them as such a "critical" feature.

While it can be a thing to look for, and I'm sure you Andrew truly believe in it, in my opinion few hosting customers really have to put it that high in their list of things to look for....I simply don't see them as such a "critical" feature.
    Hi Dan,

I think its a little more then what I truely believe in - though this most certainly is the case

I cant think of any serious business network (internal or outsourced) that doesnt have their services clustered. There are obviously many reasons for this - but, most importantly - clustering is done to maximize reliability and provide redundancy - and considering the requirement posted...

I've not had good luck with hosts over the years...

My needs are simple

excellent uptime
    I firmly believe clustered services are one of the elements required to accomplish this over the long haul...

http://www.siteground.com
    Support tickets are answered at an average of 15 mins from the start of the ticket... I use them now, and their great.

Originally posted by adb22791
    http://www.siteground.com
    Support tickets are answered at an average of 15 mins from the start of the ticket... I use them now, and their great.
    Gaming Ultimate, is your site down - i cant get thru. ..

2 minutes later..ok i can access it now.

Well if anything, be sure to do a backup check on whatever host you think you would want to go with. For every semi-major host at lesat, there is normally a review, so before making a decision, be sure to do your research, and see what people have to say about them.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

elitehosting.biz has excellent uptime

Thanks everyone!

I did some research and based upon my needs today and testing response time to some queries I went with Site5.

I am happy to say that between the time I went to bed last night and changed things with my registrar and by the time I woke up this morning my site was up and running and I once again have email.

Thanks for helping me in my search and for pointing me in some very good directions.

You made a newbie feel welcome here. :-)

Check out hosts that have uptime and maximum reply time guarantees. Also email them in non regular hours and see how much time they take to respond.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

Originally posted by Naz.A
    It really depends on your budget
    "You pay for what you get"
    If your looking for all around quality and support you will have to pay your way.
    -Naz
    I think you meant "you get what you pay for"