Decent Cheap Server for webhosting?

I am interested in buying a cheap dedicated server I can use for webhosting. Anyone know of any companies that I could rent out monthly from? I am looking for stats like:
    CPU: celeron
    ram: 512mb
    HD: 80 GB HD
    Monthly Transfer: around a terabyte

all reccomendations greatly appreciated.

Do you know how to manage a server or do you need managed servers? Anyways I have listed both below.

Self Managed: www.layeredtech.com
    Self Managed: www.ev1servers.net
    Self Managed: www.superbservers.net
    Self Managed: www.servermatrix.com

Fully Managed: www.liquidweb.com
    Fully Managed: www.servint.com
    Fully Managed: www.rackspace.com

I know there are a lot more providers so you can search on the dedicated offers forum as well.

yes i know how to manage my server, btw i forgot to add that I prefer using linux RH 9, thank you for the links, i'll definitely look into them.

What is your price range, do you want any control panels?
    James Lumby

I'd consider Dedicated Place for a cheap dedicated server along with being managed. They are by far the cheapest managed servers I have seen.

They are resellers from layeredtech but if you think about it they only charge like $15 more a month to mange your box which $15 amonth is worth it for getting a fully managed dedicated box. Just let them know Chris sent you to them =)

all prices depend on what sort of spec and bandwidth u are gonna be using

I do in fact need WHM, and as far as price range, i'd like to spend as little as possible, maybe 60-100/monthly US

I personally would that's stretching it with cpanel.
    James Lumby

Originally posted by Burell
    I do in fact need WHM, and as far as price range, i'd like to spend as little as possible, maybe 60-100/monthly US
    That is really, really stretching it as far as I am concerned. You may want to consider using a reseller account for your purpose?

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Originally posted by Burell
    Actually, he's not stretching it...

The Sago bargain server would suit your needs, $65/month + $20 for whm/cpanel, comes out to $85/month with $49 setup fee. You'll be getting a 1.8Ghz instead of 1.6Ghz, Sago is unmanaged. It's a great deal.

http://www.sagonet.com/servers/bargains.php
    Last edited by HD Fanatic; 05-01-2005 at 09:32 PM.

Originally posted by coconutboy
    Actually, he's not stretching it...

The Sago bargain server would suit your needs, $65/month + $20 for whm/cpanel, comes out to $85/month with $49 setup fee. You'll be getting a 1.8Ghz instead of 1.6Ghz, Sago is unmanaged. It's a great deal.

http://www.sagonet.com/servers/bargains.php
    But, I think he may need atleast semi-managed when he first starts out? Not sure..

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

http://www.dirtcheapwebservers.com

Look for Robb. He helped me set-up my account and my damn good server is really cheap

Originally posted by elix
    But, I think he may need atleast semi-managed when he first starts out? Not sure..

Cheers
    He says that he knows how to manage the server

15 Minute Servers:

Intel Celeron 2.8 Ghz
    512 Megabytes of RAM
    Western Digital 80 GB SATA Hard Drive
    Single Fast Ethernet NIC

# Default Options Remote Reboot via Web
    # 8 IP Addresses
    # 1000 GB of Transfer
    # 10mb/s Switch Port
    # Billing Frequency 1 Month

Machines Available In 15 Minutes: 1
    $199.00 Setup $64.00 Monthly

thank you all for helping me out with this, it looks like sagonet is about the best deal as far as I can see, but can anyone tell me how their network runs? any feedback?

thanks.

I've been with them for 2 months now, their network has been very stable. Only a minor problem with Level3 which was fixed quickly. Speed is very fast to me and many others. I ping in the low 40ms from New York to Florida. They just added another carrier and more soon.