Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canada

Thumbs up Canada

I just got back from a 2 day vacation which I have not had in a looooooooong time, and I must say Canada is a great place. Though I did make a good and bad list of Canada.

1. It takes a long time to get to one city from another city.

2. It was COLD in Canada.

3. There are some crazy drivers there (almost got in a car accident within 10 minutes if that of crossing the border).

4. Gas is in liters that just bothers me =/.

Now for the good stuff.

1. Nice people.

2. Nice looking women .

3. They have great bars where I went.

4. The view was great. When I first entered there where millions of trees then it was flat land with no trees.

5. I can buy a whole bunch more with American money compared to Canada money .

If I ever decided to move away from Montana I would most likely move to Canada. It seem so relaxing, and fun.

I hate canada.

*watches evil replies

99.9% of all the Canadian customers I get on the phone are extremely nice, patient and understanding (completely the opp. of Americans!). There was 1 gentlemen who was in his car and all I could hear was him beeping his horn and telling people to f off.

Originally posted by Rob83
    99.9% of all the Canadian customers I get on the phone are extremely nice, patient and understanding (completely the opp. of Americans!). There was 1 gentlemen who was in his car and all I could hear was him beeping his horn and telling people to f off.
    I only ran into 1 person that was rude, and that was the person working at the Best Western that I stayed at. The people at the bars, and clubs where great. They helped me find places, ect.

Yeah canadians are generally very reserved people -- Until you over charge them 2-3 cents -- then they go nuts.

[url]I got nothing/url]

For clarity's sake, don't use "<ip address of hostname>" use the ACTUAL 32-bit numeric IP address of the machine.

Originally posted by MikeM
    Yeah canadians are generally very reserved people -- Until you over charge them 2-3 cents -- then they go nuts.

Considering their PST and GST taxes are so high, I don't blame them!

yeah Canadians would have to be the best people in the world...
    no doubt about it.

Glad you had a good time here at Cananda.

Speaking about Canadians, we rock EH!

Originally posted by climax
    no doubt about it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    ·· Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ··
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

Originally posted by Pheaton
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Well from what I can tell I have to agree .

Originally posted by climax
    no doubt about it.
    It was obviously a typo It was meant to read "second best" we all know Aussie are the best.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

Canada kicks ***.

I always wanted to go to Canada... I heard the weather is great

The weather is great.

90 days out of every year.

I actually like cold mountain weather

Originally posted by kuzmich
    I actually like cold mountain weather

I wish I could enjoy the cold.
    I've always had a low tolerance.

I lived there a long, long time ago.

Canada's great! I have been to the US a lot and its not that much different although I do like Canada better. Even with the cold the summers are great, the ladies are great and the campings great!

Jeff
    Xoopiter.com:: The new standard in Web Hosting

Hi Torith,

Where in Canada did you go?

The best bar I've been to in Ontario,Canada so far is the Stampede Ranch in Guelph,Ontario. It's a country music bar, and the girls are outta this world. Most of em wear cowgirl hats *drool*. Anyone who lives in that area must go on a Thursday, ladies get in free, there is live bands and great dancing!

It is true, Canada rocks The women here are absolutely gorgeous *majority of them anyways* :p

Canada does kick .... Just depends where you go though. Around where I live (which is by a lake), we can get some crazy weather. The winters usually suck (I love snow, just not the crap we get-slush, snow that stays for around a day, snow too cold somedays to do anything with), but the summers are usually nice and warm Just wish I had my pool, don't want to swim in the lake...

To read the political news it sometimes paints a rather unflattering picture of Canada. A little less then 2 years ago I went joyriding up the Idaho panhandle. I spent a few hours in Creston, BC just to snap some pictures and buy some t-shirts before heading down south. Everyone was nice. The Canadian border guard was friendlier waving me through on the way into Canada than the American border guards who searched my car on the way back into the good old U.S.A.

http://www.martingrumet.com/creston21oct03-1.jpg

http://www.martingrumet.com/creston21oct03-2.jpg

Originally posted by Disgruntled
    To read the political news it sometimes paints a rather unflattering picture of Canada. A little less then 2 years ago I went joyriding up the Idaho panhandle. I spent a few hours in Creston, BC just to snap some pictures and buy some t-shirts before heading down south. Everyone was nice. The Canadian border guard was friendlier waving me through on the way into Canada than the American border guards who searched my car on the way back into the good old U.S.A.

http://www.martingrumet.com/creston21oct03-1.jpg

http://www.martingrumet.com/creston21oct03-2.jpg
    Well they have to search the car . That is what they get paid to do. Here in Montana the border guards have stopped many people bringing in drugs, ect.

They even searched my car (I mean everything), but I rather they search my car then not. Nice pictures by the way!

Oh for people wondering I was in lethbridge, Canada (Alberta I believe...)

Originally posted by blue27
    The weather is great.

90 days out of every year.
    I'm a little worried where you got this information kuzmich.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed hosting solutions / AS63447
    Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers

Re: Canada

Originally posted by Torith
    >> 2. It was COLD in Canada.

You obviously weren't in Vancouver. Last week we had summer weather. People were wearing shorts and T-shirts -- or less if they were hanging out at the beach. Yesterday was cold, but today was nice again.

Even in the winter, it snows only 2-3 times each year in this part of the world. We get snow on the nearby mountains, though. Vancouver is a place where you can ski, golf, and sail all on the same day.

>> 4. The view was great. When I first entered there where millions of trees then it was flat land with no trees.

We have some fantastic scenery here, but not everywhere.

Come and see the Vancouver - Whistler - Vancouver Island - Gulf Islands corner of the world, and you'll see why we call it Lotusland.

Lois
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

I live in the Chicago area, but I'm in eastern Canada quite often since I have family there, PEI to be more specific. This past fall when I drove up I took the Canadian route which takes me through Toronto and Montreal (I wish there was an easy way to bypass that city). From that point I took 132 up the entire coast around the Gaspe Peninsula. I also added a slight detour (4 hours) to drive down to the Matane Wildlife Preserve. Although between driving the Peninsula and not driving on the highway added a couple days to my trip, it was well worth it. The drive was amazing.

Once on PEI we left for Cape Breton for 5 days to go Salmon fishing in the Margaree.

For this summer we're working on plans to go Salmon fishing in the Gaspe. From that point I'm toying with the idea of spending a couple weeks on Anticosti Island. I just have to find a couple other people that would be interested in doing that.

Here's a link to some of my photos from my trip this past fall. I was going to post my photos from Cape Breton also, but I just discovered I never uploaded those.

Drive from Chicago to PEI (Mostly Quebec)
    http://www.mwrave.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=114

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast