Thread: IP Blocking

IP Blocking

Hi there,

Is there anyone who know how I can block out an IP without installing any thrid party software like firewall?

Thanks.

(This is on Windows 2003 Enterprise)
    Last edited by UrlGuy; 05-01-2005 at 04:04 PM.

oh never mind

in the http server and the ftp or any other service u use
    there are ways to block ip's
    u cant block en ip from the hole server if u are not useing a firewall only from the services .

I am not running http server, nor ftp server..

Just need a way to block an IP from all ports on my server without installing firewall :\

Or is there any other particular programs I can use for this?

The reason I do not want to use firewall is.. When I install it, it immediately denies my connection aswell. After installing the firewall, it requires a reboot. After that reboot I am not able to acccess the server anymore as the firewall blocked me aswell. So then I would need a technician to go in the server and manually unblock me from within the firewall. Thats the main reason I do not want a firewall installed with it.

hrmm I presume you are running a windows os then on this server? Can't you rent an ipkvm to do the install and initial config of the firewall?

-Justin

u cant do that!
    only with a firewall

Can I ask one question?
    I have a visitor that is not desirable in my page. He is using some host adress, for example - summer.host.com. When I enter this into CPanel's "IP deny" it tells me that this adress is not associated with the IP. So I can't block this.
    I was told to write smth in PhP but I;m not familiar with it.
    What can I do to ensure this user is blocked ?

sure
    go to
    run/ and type ping -a -t host.name.com
    it will give u en ip address ;>

Hello,

You can do this using the Simple IP PROTOCOL Options under Advanced. You can filter out the IP's you do not want to hit your box

Hope this helps you

Hello,

You can do this using the Simple IP PROTOCOL Options under Advanced. You can filter out the IP's you do not want to hit your box

Hope this helps you

lol i didnt mean use ping from a fast connection server i ment it from your own pc it wont hit nothing
    i would have say just DNS the host and get the ip but if he asks this then mabe he wont know what im talking about

some Cpanel has the IP blocker
    Tubenode.com - FFMPEG, PHP & RoR Hosting
    RCholic.com - R/C videos sharing

Try this (you must be suid root):
    /sbin/route add 255.255.255.255 reject

Of course, replace 255.255.255.255 for the IP you want to ban.

Originally posted by existsite
    Hello,

Hope this helps you

Thanks.. This certainly seems to be what I'm looking for.. just can't find it.. can you please give me a little more details about how I find this?
    Closest I found was the connection details' advanced tab, which only featured the Windows firewall settings which nowhere allowed me to block any IP's, or did you mean anywhere else?
    All help apprecciated.

Thanks. :]

Do I find that function within control panel, administrative options, connection details or what? Can't find it :|