asp.net & coldfusion - US company

I need a reseller account that offers asp.net and coldfusion. Due to the nature of my clients business, it must be a US company. I was going to go with maximumasp but they do not offer coldfusion.

Thanks
    Marc

Hi Marc,

Does the company need to be US based or do the servers (ie data) need to be in the US?
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Hello,

You may want to look at reseller-center.com. I have used them, in the past, w/ excellent results.

Good luck in your search!
    Allen Burnett StormHosts aburnett@stormhosts.com
    Professional MS ASP, .Net, MS SQL 2000/2005 and Reseller Hosting Since 2001
    Clustered servers @ Equinix Helm/cPanel/WHM/VPS/colo/Dedicated/MailFoundry anti-spam/Server Mgmt

Originally posted by CartikaHosting
    Hi Marc,

Does the company need to be US based or do the servers (ie data) need to be in the US?
    Based

Infuseweb.com

Based in Texas and his servers are in Texas.
    Tony is a great guy and the support is excellent.
    No Signature Required

Originally posted by MyNameSolutions
    Infuseweb.com

Based in Texas and his servers are in Texas.
    Tony is a great guy and the support is excellent.
    I may consider them. I actually need two hosts with identical features:

asp/asp.net/cfmx/mssql support

I would really like to use HSPHERE

matrixreseller.com and reseller-center.com are both based in Florida and their datacenters are in Florida. They both offer HSPHERE. Reseller-Center Offers HELM too.
    No Signature Required

Originally posted by MyNameSolutions
    matrixreseller.com and reseller-center.com are both based in Florida and their datacenters are in Florida. They both offer HSPHERE. Reseller-Center Offers HELM too.
    I am going to to set up an hsphere account with reseller-center, i did setup an helm account but I think I would rather use hsphere. The only appealing thing about their helm plans is Smartmail.

matrixreseller looks interesting. I would rather they had windows 2003 servers but I don't think it will be a problem using 2K

Win2k is tried and tested. We tested win2k3 and found it very unstable. We switched back to win2k for the 2 system tested live where we found the issue. Win2k3 from what we have seen is just not stable in IIS, it may be with SP1 but H-Sphere does not support SP1 as of yet.

Win2k3 had problems before but since MS released their Jet patch, we haven't had any issues with it and it has been very stable on our servers.
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

Originally posted by Vortech
    Win2k is tried and tested. We tested win2k3 and found it very unstable. We switched back to win2k for the 2 system tested live where we found the issue. Win2k3 from what we have seen is just not stable in IIS, it may be with SP1 but H-Sphere does not support SP1 as of yet.
    I set up an account with matrixreseller last night at 9:00 PM edt.

As of 7:44 am EDT it is still not active. According to your website you have instant account activation.

Is the instant activation for the reseller or the resller's clients?

We disabled instant account activation due to a spike in fraud, billing will be in at 10am they will creat your account and verify it at that time. We had close to 50 fraud accounts in a day signup. This has slowed them down of course. But ends up making the customer wait a bit longer.

Originally posted by Yash-JH
    Win2k3 had problems before but since MS released their Jet patch, we haven't had any issues with it and it has been very stable on our servers.
    What jet patch do you know the MS KB number or have a link for it?

What jet patch do you know the MS KB number or have a link for it?
    I nice member of this forum gave me the link to download. The filename is WindowsServer2003-KB838306-x86-enu.exe and I applied it to all my servers and it does wonders!

I have it on a server to be downloaded if you are interested.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;838306 thats it, I wounder why they don't put it on there site for download. Good ol MS.

Vortech, Stephen (amd_duron) posted this hot-fix in the hsphere forum a while ago.

The only other Win2003 issue we have encountered is with win2003 connecting to the mssql servers. During peak-time, sqlserver connections start getting rejected or getting denied.

Took us a long while to track this issue down. Is most likely due to a flaw in the TCP/IP handling of Win2003. A fix is available in SP1

But H-Sphere does not support SP1 so users that use mssql are really stuck if they use a host with win2k3 + mssql. I would not want to offer that to a customer. Win2k has none of these issues.

Yes, I would prefer to keep my anger with psoft about windows private for now, and not take it public, so let's keep on the original topic here, and not discuss hsphere + windows, either way, you will be fine. Windows 2003 or Windows 2000, service pack 1 + windows 2003 would be really nice, but it isn't happening now. Let's move on, more on topic, Coldfusion and ASP.NET.

I know that some companies offer both, but on different servers(as we do), if you need them on the same server, you might need to make sure of it via a quick sales email.

What I mean by that is, our Coldfusion server is windows, but dedicated to Coldfusion, it has ASP and ASP.NET disabled, it is very stable, more stable than the ASP/ASP.NET enabled servers, iisresets happen very rarely on it, reboots far less.

But H-Sphere does not support SP1 so users that use mssql are really stuck if they use a host with win2k3 + mssql. I would not want to offer that to a customer. Win2k has none of these issues.
    Oh, win2000 is a great product and believe me I never wanted to add win2003 boxes. But its hard to convince resellers/customers

I believe SP1 is working with Hsphere. Most hosts are reporting success with their upgrades to SP1 on psoft forum. Going to try an upgrade on a test server as well to see how it goes.

There are actually minor improvements ive liked in Win2003/IIS6. Application pools and its related features makes dealing with bad sites/scripts much easier. Splitting the sites into several app pools greatly improves stability and I've seen lesser issues on the win2003 boxes compared to the win2000 boxes this way.

Another thing is that Win2003 has 3GB max reserved for applications unlike 2GB max reserved in Win2000. If you noticed, sometimes when applications used more than 2GB on Win2000, you started getting out-of-memory issues on the win2000 boxes. No such issues with win2003.