* List of All Domains

Hey everybody, I was wondering if there is some place on the Internet where you could access a list of all currently registered domain names ... not just the ones that are dropping. No place i have founds seems to cut it. Any suggestions out in forum land?

dan

exody would be your best bet. My first question is why would you want it?

I am interested in starting a new business and i could use a few different websites and a good number domains. I have a few now, but most of the good dotcoms ones are taken. i'd like some inspiration for dot net's or, especially, good potential dot cn's ...

There are roughly 52 million domains in just the com, net, org, info, biz, and us TLDs.
    How would a list of all of those domains be at all useful?

If you did want the list I'm sure you could contact each registry for a zone listing. But once again... How would all of that information be useful?

try the whois.com database

Didn't he explain it? I think he means he wants to compare the lists to find good unregistered .net domains from registered .com domains.

Kamejoko ... u got it ... that is what i meant exactly ...

hmm... very interesting...

and what are you going to do with the information...

Just kidding. That's a pretty good idea you have there.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

If you want to compare the com's to net's then you can just contact Verisign to get a zone AXFR of those TLDs.
    Then you can write a tool that shows which are not in both lists.

As of yesterday I believe there were 36,427,164 coms and only 5,820,797 nets. So there must be some names that are useful that are not taken.

Best of luck finding them! :-)