Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    From the AH ticket:

-----------------------------
    May 29, 2005 - 3:00 AM EST

Fortunately, we had a server on standby, and our technicians are working to get the accounts transferred over to the new box as quickly as possible. The new server name is Laurier, and if you have a recent back-up, and would like to have restore your back-up to the server, open a support ticket with your username and password, and our technicians will re-create your account so you can upload immediately.
    -----------------------

The announcement can be found here - http://www.webhosthelpdesk.com/?_a=a...=details&_i=57

IMO, its not very clear whether they are actively moving accounts to a new data center.

great, while I was waiting to find a better host, AH killed the server I was hosted on....

I am so excited.

Tina, tell me this breaks the no compete so I can move back to a host owner I trust.

Looks like the server is back. My sites seem to have now moved to a server at Theplanet.com.

affordablehost has aparently been took over by a different set of people.

Theyve suspended my account 3 times in total in the last 3 days without any warning.

Also judging by their helpdesk FAQ's top 2 most asked as 'How Do I Cancel My Account?' and 'Do you offer a money back guarentee?' says it all really.

eldawg, it seems like you are one of the lucky ones. I have been speaking with the techs and they say that many accounts are coming online at the moment.

Are the techs replying to you? I sent a message to them over 5 hours ago with no reply?

Yes I have had replies Skize. Are your tickets regarding the issues with callisto, if not, that may be the reason. Obviously they are having to deal with the current issues on the callisto server. Bare with them.

As long as the support is responsive, that means they havent dissapeared and probably just sorting out their problems

I got a quick response from them and my sites were on Callisto.

My site is up....

http://rigormortis.us/

and borked.

She's been down the majority of a day now, here's hoping for a quick resolve.

My site hosted with them has been down for over 12 hours!

Originally posted by richardhay
    From the AH ticket:

-----------------------------
    May 29, 2005 - 3:00 AM EST

Fortunately, we had a server on standby, and our technicians are working to get the accounts transferred over to the new box as quickly as possible. The new server name is Laurier, and if you have a recent back-up, and would like to have restore your back-up to the server, open a support ticket with your username and password, and our technicians will re-create your account so you can upload immediately.
    -----------------------
    Its May 30, 2005 01:38 AM EST and still no site!

Originally posted by Bruin03
    My site hosted with them has been down for over 12 hours!
    Are you unable to contact their support?

Affordable (dotcanda) server down

Any one with affordablehost? They have recently been taken over by dotcanda.com. Have had a major issue with a server and it has been taken offline. No eta on a fix, i appreciate there are a lot of accounts to transfer, but my question is how long do full server transfers take on average? My clients sites have been down for nearly 2 days now, its gunna hit the fan tommorow with them and they are gunna go nuts. affordablehost have been pretty good up till now and i wont leave them cos of this, however if it goes on too much longer i may have to consider other options. anyone else on the same server as me?

chris

There is no average time really. Could take an hour or a few days. Of course it doesn't matter all too much since it has to be done. I think you should move now sooner than later. Seems the general consensus is that dotcanada cannot get the job done. I wish they would make an effort to fix the problem as seeing all the dotcanada sucks post makes me sad.

To be honest, there havent been too many problems uptill now, occasional server outage for a few mins here and there but i appreciate that is to be expected for shared hosting. So uptill now very pleased... at the moment pulling my hair out because clients are gunna start going nuts shortly

From their support:

"We are currently attempting to copy the live data from all client accounts on the callisto server to our new laurier server and will also be updating our centralized DNS system to reflect the new IP address for the accounts.

Our staff will be updating the announcement for this issue with all new developments.

We are forcasting a 24 - 40 hour recovery, but many accounts are coming back online as we speak."

some of my sites are up, but the databases are not working so non of the sites are working.

all my sites are completely knackered. i did have dns servers as alias (eg ns1.mydomain.com) and it is completely screwed now dns wont even resolve

tech support not giving an eta on fix either, infact their responses are very sporadic. gunna get my *** chewed out by my customers soon

been down for nearly 2 days now

i can contact my nameservers (the shared ones anyways) through its alias, but the dns server itself certianly isnt responding to www request, it fails. can i just check with other peeps here, my dns servers are set as:

primary ns = 12.164.25.254
    secondary ns = 63.247.129.29

Originally posted by WN-Ali
    Are you unable to contact their support?

I'm yet to get a response to my ticket.

Update: My site is now back up but utterly useless because my databases are not working.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast