Hosting Company Potential sale - over 100 clients

Hi my name is Morgan McLean and I am with Forge Hosting and I was wondering what I could get for my company if I sold it? I currently have 82 4.99/mo clients, 25 9.99/mo packages, 5 14.99/mo packages, and 4 19.99/mo packages. We have a 150$/mo dedicated client whom may move to a 200$+/mo dual xeon server, as well as a 95$/mo celeron dedicated client. We have roughly 100 domains which all sell for 9.99 each and we currently rent a modernbill unlimited license. Together, the hosting clients (rounded up a penny) come out to a monthly gross of 815$. The dedicated clients come out to 350/mo; they are currently resold from layeredtech by the way so I guess if anyone has an account with them we could get them transfered over to you. Together that is 1165/mo. As well as that, the growth rate client wise is consitantly 10-14%. Summing all of this up, the yearly gross for the shared clients is 9780 and the yearly gross for the servers is 4200. Adding in the 1000$ or so worth of domains the total gross for one year is 14980; not to mention the growth rate which will with my calculations add somewhere around 100$/mo to the shared client monthly gross. I may have made this sound confusing, however I think that Forge Hosting ( which has been established two years and has just started growing since August 2004 ) is worth atleast 15k. Does anyone have anything to say, or anybody have any offers? I am strongly concidering selling. Adding onto this, I forgot to mention that the server with all of the shared clients is currently using about 50 GB of space and around 400Gb of bandwidth. Server load generaly doesnt get high except durring backups, and I should also mention that most of the clients that have purchased hosting with us have stayed and have NOT left, which means our clients are reliable and will not leave you if they are taken care of. Thank you all in advance for your time.
    Morgan McLean
    Forge Hosting

Great webhosting deals! Forgehosting.com

One more thing

Also, I think that I should make you guys aware of the advertising that Forge gets. Inside an application called stealthbot, is an ad for Forge Hosting and a link to it. This application is used by tens of thousands of people every day and generates a lot of sales to Forge Hosting; not to mention the reputation we have for excellent service and the number of thrilled clients we have.
    Morgan McLean
    Forge Hosting

Morgan,

How are the 100 clients paying? & What is your reason for this sale?

Thank You,

Tm Mahdi
    Director & Founder of Cg6 Inc.

All clients are paying through paypal, and at this point I have been doing this for a while and I would really like to take a break from handling support and billing every day, always thinking hosting. I think it may be time for me to get away from it all; I want a reliable company to take over and treat my clients with the same level of respect and importantancy as I have.
    Morgan McLean
    Forge Hosting

Re: Hosting Company Potential sale - over 100 clients

Originally posted by ForgeHost
    I currently have 82 4.99/mo clients, 25 9.99/mo packages, 5 14.99/mo packages, and 4 19.99/mo packages.
    What are the packages for each priced plan?

We have roughly 100 domains which all sell for 9.99 each
    Can you PM me with names?
    Michael Neubauer

AlteredSanity - Reliable Linux Hosting

Morgan,

Thank You for getting back to me. A few more questions:

- What are you specs on the dedicated servers? (More simply advise me the server package title on layeredtech)

- What domain registrar do you currently use for those 100 domains? Are these 100 client domains or domains of your own? If they are your own, what is the purpose of the load? & When are their expiration dates? (estimation)

Thank You & Best Regards,

Tm Mahdi
    Director & Founder of Cg6 Inc.

Few questions

-what is the cost break down of your hosting and dedicated servers ?

-what are the advertising cost ?

-are your servers under contract or can they be cancelled at any time ?

-the domain & site go with the sale ?

-would you be readily available for the first 30 days to help deal with any concerns the that may require your imput?

Ok so first of all, the packages ARE listed on the website incase any of you bothered to check . But the 4.99 plan or the 'lite' plan comes with 1gb space 20gb xfer, 9.99 plan or 'preferred' plan comes with 2gb space and 50gb xfer, the 14.99 plan or 'expanded' plan comes with 3.5gb space and 80gb xfer, the 19.99 plan or 'optimal' plan comes with 5gb space and 120gb xfer. As for client domains, I am not going to give out any information that cant be grabbed by the public, so I would reccomend going to one of those sites where you can look up which domains are pointed to a certain IP; I forget the name of the site. Anyways the IP is 67.43.11.190. Some of those domains are registered by us some arent. We have about 75 in Enom and I would say another 30 in namecheap. All of the domains in Enom are being actively used and I am not sure how many of the remaining in namecheap are. ( We used namecheap before we moved onto Enom ). Expiration dates really range, so I cant give anything specific. The main server is a dual opteron 242 server w/ 2gb ram and dual 120 drives running fc1 and cpanel w/ fantastico hosted at LW. The 150$ server is a 2.8 P4 w/ 1GB ram and dual 80 drives I believe, and it is running fc3 ( I think ) and cpanel - It costs 138. The 95$ server is a 2.4 celeron w/ 512 ram and an 80 drive - its cost is 75. There are absolutely no advertising costs. Nice eh? . No contracts, site can go, I am not sure about the domain because I have a lot of personal things tied to it but maybe durring those first 30 days in which I would help deal with any concerns that would require my input, I could have access to my email account so I could make sure I got everything detatched from it. I do not want to include the server with the sale as it will be canceled after clients are moved to the new companies servers etc. ( Unless under your own obligation you would like to take over ownership of the server ).
    Morgan McLean
    Forge Hosting

Thanks for the additional info

Re: Hosting Company Potential sale - over 100 clients

Originally posted by ForgeHost
    Hi my name is Morgan McLean and I am with Forge Hosting and I was wondering what I could get for my company if I sold it?
    You're looking at around $15k, imo.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

^ I agree.

That is about what I am looking for, glad to know that my estimate was right and that a few people agree with me. Thanks .
    Morgan McLean
    Forge Hosting

The current highest offer is $7335.
    Morgan McLean
    Forge Hosting

Morgan,

Are you willing to part out all or some clients? Are there any fees from layerdtech for transfering the servers over to us?
    - 7de5igns

I do not want to split up the clients, everything is being sold together. I dont think layeredtech will charge for just changing some information in their data bases...If they would rather we could just drop the servers, which would they rather :-p. Still open for offers by the way.
    Morgan McLean
    Forge Hosting

I will not be posting current high bids, however we are looking for offers in the 15k range, so please keep that in mind. We have paypal records and a client trend graph available upon private request.
    Morgan McLean
    Forge Hosting

Our hope is to get Forge Hosting sold within the next couple days. We are asking for a lump sum not multiple payments, and because we would like to sell soon we are accepting 12k which is slightly negotiable.

** Also might I add that there are two more 4.99 clients and each bought a domain for 9.99 **
    Morgan McLean
    Forge Hosting

Coincidally there has been a personal issue that I need to deal with, and the company needs to be sold anyway. Please forget the previous post, I am accepting the first offer for 10k lump sum; if no offers are recieved forge will most likely shut down. Have a nice day.
    Morgan McLean
    Forge Hosting

Has this been sold?